Warranty Claims Specialist
Our customer located in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking a Warranty Claims Specialist on a long-term contractual basis.
This role is responsible for all of the tasks associated with review and payment of automotive repair warranty claims, which includes a technical analysis to ensure compliance with the established Warranty Policies & Procedures in effect at the time of repair. This position approves and adjusts claims for payment and follows-through to ensure that claim adjustments are accepted and implemented via the Warranty Audit Trail when the claim is paid. The function ensures that warranty tracking software is up-to-date to handle a smooth and accurate claim process to avoid unnecessary rejections and also review claims that fail warranty tracking software edits. This role also provides direct and timely support for field staff, corporate employees via telephone regarding claim input warranty tracking software systems and clarification on warranty coverage, eligibility and policy providing instructions on where to obtain needed information for proper claim processing.
Finally, this role trains new corporate employees, field employees regarding company Warranty Policy and Procedures, and warranty tracking software as it pertains to Claims Adjusting.
- Applies knowledge of Warranty Policy, Service Circulars, and Technical Bulletins to ensure appropriate claim type is applied so that claim is charged to correct warranty reserve account.
- Researches the accuracy of claimed part numbers utilizing parts catalog database and the acquired product knowledge to assure correct claim payment.
- Acquired technical knowledge with company products, utilizes proprietary software to correct claimed labor operations for accuracy such as overlapping labor and decides the validity of the warranty repair.
- Decides the correct Diagnosis Time and A-Time based on the accuracy of the Punch Times, Technician Notes, and all other documents required to justify the repair.
- Decides the validity of claimed Sublet Parts, Sublet Labor, and Loaners to assure that warranty policy was applied.
- Use parts software to verify parts availability at the time of repair and the Loaner vehicle on the claim.
- With the knowledge of Warranty Policy and Procedures, identifies non-compliant claims, claim coding errors, and the validity of technician's repair notes to decide payment / non-payment.
- Check the repair date to the warranty start date to make sure the spare parts are within their warranty coverage.
- Communicates errors in Labor Operation, Damage Code, Part Number, and Vendor Coding to the dealers.
- Decides on Warranty Claim Acceptance based on their technical expertise / knowledge of company products to determine if the vehicle was repaired within published repair instructions.
- Administer their own detailed claim tracking through the Warranty Claims Administration Application with clear and accurate findings and reasons for adjusting part number, labor operations, or sublet dollar amounts.
- Applies technical and warranty expertise to decide charge-back to claims.
- Answer phone calls and emails from dealers regarding warranty policy and warranty claims.
- Analyze warranty claims in formal or logical status for payment / denial.
- Evaluate training needs from questions received prepare training material.
- Take part in Warranty Training.