· Provide clients with referral, linkage, and follow-up services to needed resources, such as housing, entitlements, educational, vocational and guardianship services. Provide information to outside agencies as requested to coordinate and assure the appropriateness of services.
· Assess client’s need for case management services in conjunction with interdisciplinary team.
· Coordinate care with health services to ensure clients receive and attend necessary specialist appointments, being physically present at the appointment as needed.
· Complete required productivity targets and documentation on a timely basis, including clinical documentation, service reporting, and billing.
· In conjunction with the client’s treatment team, keep client’s family, guardian, and other informed of the client’s progress, including emergency room visits, hospitalizations, routine and specialty appointments, and any medication changes.
· Responsible for being available after business hours to MH program clients on assigned week for psychiatric emergencies, hospitalizations, or phone counseling.
· Advocate for the client, as needed and appropriate.
· Responsible for participating in required in-service training and community training seminars at the discretion of the Director.
· Attend individual supervision with supervisor at scheduled time weekly to review and report on progress, productivity, and concerns.
Must have a Masters Degree in a Human Service field.