Eilan Hotel & Spa is seeking an experienced Assistant Chief for the Engineering department. This candidate will be responsible for managing the Engineering, Grounds and Common Area associates to effectively maintain resort facilities, equipment and property. The Assistant Chief assists in maintaining proper working relationships with other operating departments on property, while providing outstanding guest satisfaction. They partner with the vendors to keep the projects on target and compliant with Bluegreen’s standards and keep the Engineering team focused on providing customer service with an emphasis on keeping everything at the resort in working order.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
- Remains accountable for the safe and efficient maintenance of the resort through proper supervision and management of the maintenance and Engineering service staff.
- Follows-up on room call logs, to ensure guest satisfaction, implementing and maintaining proper Guest/Owner relation programs so that calls and requests can be responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, outlets, back of the house common area spaces and grounds.
- Communicates effectively with other departments to ensure proper maintenance and safety of their areas of responsibility, such as inspecting the building with the fire department to ensure all public assembly permits are maintained yearly, and coordinating the inspections of all elevators.
- Conducts both daily and weekly walk-through, visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the resort.
- Adheres to corporate purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
- Directs and/or assists in the implantation of maintenance plans and inventory controls with consideration to operational and budgetary constraints.
- Manages energy efficiency and energy saving systems and equipment. Maintains effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs
- Assists with the Engineering personnel management process, (interviewing, training, monitoring, coaching and counseling, and disciplining, motivation and supervising the Engineering technicians, assisting in yearly performance appraisals and monthly one-on-one meetings with the staff).
Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members.
Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test. EOE/DFW
- High School Diploma and/or Trade School education/comparable industry experience
- 5+ years of maintenance tech, 2 years of Engineering Supervisor/Management or Equivalent experience, preferably in Timeshare.
- Possess knowledge of daily resort operations, budget practices and problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of MSOffice products.
- Full knowledge of Preventive Maintenance procedures.
- Self-starter, ability to lead with assertiveness, empathy and fairness.
- Flexibility to deal with ever-changing situations.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills.
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Providing Memorable Vacations and So Much More
Founded in 1966, Bluegreen has always provided opportunities for busy families to slow down, relax and share time together.
Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. (Bluegreen Vacations), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bluegreen Corporation, manages and markets the Bluegreen Vacation Club®, a flexible, points-based, deeded vacation ownership program that connects over 200,000 owners with over 60 Bluegreen resorts in more than 40 popular destinations across the continental U.S. and the Caribbean.
Bluegreen Corporation, a leader in the vacation ownership industry and wholly owned subsidiary of BBX Capital Corporation, offers a portfolio of comprehensive, turnkey, fee-based service resort management, financial services, and sales and marketing services on behalf of third parties.
The company advances its purpose, share happiness, by providing quality, flexibility and choice to Bluegreen Vacation Club owners, and through the creation of strategic alliances to expand vacation opportunities for everyone. Our relationship with Bass Pro Shops®, one of America’s premier outdoor retailers, has resulted in thousands of vacations and millions of smiles for travelers. Most recently, Bluegreen Vacations became the Official Vacation Ownership Provider for Choice Hotels®, one of the largest and most successful lodging companies in the world.
Our more than 4,500 associates are committed to not only providing the best vacation experiences possible, but also to leaving a positive impact on the communities in which we live and do business through advocacy and action.
2016 marked the 50th golden anniversary of our company, and we invite you to continue the celebration.
View the full profile