Position Summary: To provide administrative support for property staff and their direct reports and to help coordinate all activities related to the property. Must be able to multi-task, have attention to detail, and be well organized. This position operates within and contributes to an environment with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Major Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones for property and assist with all department telephones as needed.
- Greet visitors, screen incoming calls, and schedule appointments.
- Provide support in reviewing and processing invoices for accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide support in processing Accounts Receivables
- Support the administrative needs of the Property Manager and their management level staff to ensure that accurate letters, documents, and other various materials are produced within established time frames and with high-quality standards.
- Use various software packages and visual aids to produce accurate documents, presentation materials, charts, and graphics (type, proof, organize, design, create fonts, layout, etc.) within established deadlines. Confidential materials must be handled discretely.
- Generate copies of printed materials and proof the quality and consistency of the copies on an as-needed basis.
- Handle departmental mailings in a timely manner.
- Handle correspondence, telephone contacts, and incoming mail, including confidential materials, in a professional and expedient manner.
- Set up and maintain accurate files and records that may be easily accessed by staff. Ensure that all filing is updated in a timely fashion.
- Monitor stock of forms and supplies as needed.
- Provide general support for Property Manager to ensure that all property functions are always supported.
- Display flexibility in performing other duties as assigned.
- Provide support with miscellaneous administrative duties to aid property in being continually well-managed.
- As assigned by Property Manager, perform administrative duties necessary to the day-to-day running of the office as a whole in a proactive and committed fashion.
- Display flexibility regarding requests made of him/her. For example, new responsibilities may be given and old responsibilities may be changed.
- Recognize one's role as part of the administrative support team and function as same. This requires initiative to pitch in and help when the opportunity is presented.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience providing clerical and administrative support.
- Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with property management software preferred
- Experience using organizational and administrative skills.
- Be organized, reliable, self-motivated, courteous, patient and compassionate.
- Must be detail oriented, work as a team player, and possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple projects.
- Must have a good command of the English language, be able to spell and accurately proofread correspondence prior to mailing.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Knowledge of property management and affordable housing programs preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to the position. Other duties may be assigned. The company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances changes (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work, load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
I have read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me,. I also understand this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the organization has a similar right.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Provide general office administrative services
- Assist with general office administrative tasks
- Perform other administrative/clerical duties
- Perform administrative and office support
- Accomplishing clerical or administrative duties
- Maintain files in the administrative office
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Preforming routine general administrative duties
- Performing administrative duties and office support activities
- Providing administrative support the corporate office
- Provide office support to other administrative staff
- Perform other administrative/secretarial duties
- Assist with other administrative duties
- Provide administrative support to other administrative assistants and departments
- Perform all administrative duties for the office
- Maintaining administrative and clerical files
- Perform general office support and administrative assistance
- Perform administrative and office support activities
- Perform administrative tasks such as mail
- Performing general clerical and administrative duties
- Organize Appointments
- Preparing Spreadsheets
- Scheduling Appointments
- Telephone Consultations