To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
- Tara Weber
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Equipment Service Technician
TEKSTREAM SOLUTIONS, LLC • Memphis, TN
Posted 29 days ago
The Equipment Service Technician III supports the customer base and its equipment portfolio in assigned geography. Provides support to the packaging equipment sales team with technical knowledge and services including repair, maintenance, startup and training of packaging equipment and related products.
· Performs repair, maintenance and start up on stretch wrappers, shrink wrappers, case sealing, case erectors, label printer/applicators, strapping equipment, and related products at customer sites and company sites
· Perform setup calibration, testing, troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies using moderately complex blueprints and electrical schematics
· Perform a variety of sophisticated electronic, mechanical, pneumatic and electromechanical tests, repair and maintenance on equipment, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and parts to ensure the equipment functions according to the manufactures specifications and or to determine the cause of equipment failure
· Supports systems integration with customers, manufacture/suppliers and other service personnel involving complex machine problems and/or turn-key systems
· Performs complex re-builds and re-manufacturing and participates in application engineering activities
· Manage and maintain an accurate and effective truck inventory and maintains company vehicle, as per company policies and expectations
· Work in unison with Dispatch and Field Service Manager to maximize service call priorities based on service call activity.
· Complete field service work orders, to include billing of travel, labor hours, parts and other related items in a timely and accurate fashion
· May provide direction for less experienced team members
· Coordinates work efforts at customer sites and ensures timely completion of contractual requirements
· Provide subject matter expertise of packaging systems and related equipment
· Performs product demonstrations and training as needed
· Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by management
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years performing repairs and maintenance on packaging equipment or related machinery.
· Has been trained on, or exposed to most semi-auto and automatic equipment
· 3+ years working in a service support organization
· Customer service training and or equivalent experience
· Must have certifications from manufactures training on stretch wrappers, shrink wrappers, case sealers, case erectors, label printers, and strapping equipment or relates products
· Written communication – quotes, PM proposals and agreements, instructions.
· Can develop produce, and present formal training programs and presentations, serve as representation at FAT’s
· High School Diploma or equivalent education required
· Related degree or certificate from recognized institution (mechanical, electrical, electronics, etc)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement:
· Must lift and handle parts up to 75 pounds