At Affinity Health Group , we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k). Summary: The Medical Transportation Driver is responsible for providing safe, courteous, reliable, and timely transportation to and from healthcare appointments for Vantage Health Plan members.
Job Summary: The Medical Transportation Driver is responsible for providing safe, courteous, reliable, and timely transportation to and from healthcare appointments for Vantage Health Plan members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete pick-up and drop-off trips in a safe, efficient, and timely manner
• Courteously assist members as they enter and exit the vehicle
• Adhere to HIPAA and OSHA rules and regulations regarding non-emergency medical transportation and member confidentiality
• Complete thorough pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections and report needed repairs to management
• Professionally represent Vantage and Affinity at all times
• Assist with phone volume and scheduling in the office as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid Louisiana driver’s license/Class D Chauffeur’s license required
• Passenger Assistance Safety and Sensitivity (PASS) driver certification required within 90 days of employment
• Clean driving record
• Minimum experience of 1 year
• Dependable, reliable, and timely
• Knowledge of Monroe and surrounding area routes
• Excellent time-management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and adapt quickly to change
• Works under general supervision of the Transportation Supervisor and the Integrated Care Manager
• Drivers are required to pass random drug screens
• Overtime will be occasionally required
• Travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a vehicle, sit, use hands, fingers, and feet, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Human Resources Concepts
Human Resources Information System (Hris)