To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
750 Lincoln Avenue
Troy, OH 45373
- Barbara Miller
- Phone: NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
ITW Food Equipment Group • Troy, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company with decentralized business segments, which includes Food Equipment. As one of the groups in the Food Equipment Group, the Vulcan Cooking Business is seeking a Polisher for direct hire. This position is located at their Troy Manufacturing Facility, Troy, Ohio.
The Vulcan Cooking business produces commercial equipment including steamers, braising pans and kettles. These commercial products are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, health care, cruise ships, schools and universities and retail. We are in search of a Polisher to perform a variety of polishing operations to obtain specified finish and luster to fabrications and parts from sheet metal, stainless steel and other materials. The selected candidate will perform set-ups and operation of hand tools and equipment to remove excess materials or burrs from surfaces to buff or polish metal while observing safety, housekeeping and quality management procedures. Candidate will be able to follow written and verbal instructions, plan work and support the organization through teamwork. Requires overtime.
- Perform responsibilities and tasks following safety practices and procedures
- Ability to read, write and possess basic math skills and be able to read and utilize measuring devices
- Working knowledge of grinding/polishing methods, have an understanding of polishing wheels and selection of abrasives best suited for type of material and finish requirements
- Experience and knowledge of hand and power tools to ensure grinding and polishing for correct usage to ensure standards are met
- Ability to remove completed workpieces and finished unit from equipment or work tables, using hand tools, overhead hoists, lifting and moving devices
- Be able to read and follow blueprints, shop orders and work instructions to check plans on jobs; follow instructions and convey supply shortages
- Tasks Involve frequent lifting and moving parts of various sizes and weights with and without lifting devices; and standing for long periods
- Responsible for visually verifying quality finish of assembled unit for scratches, chips, dents or other defects
- Prioritize workload to meet daily/weekly production schedule
- Work overtime as scheduled to meet customer expectations
- Able to work in a cooperative manner with co-workers, supervision, management, customers, and vendors.
- Attendance is an essential function
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Periods of working in hot/cold environment
May occasionally move material up to 50 lbs.
High frequency welding is done in area
Position requires PPE including foot, eye and hearing protection
Periods of Prolonged Standing, Sitting, Bending, Stooping throughout shift Hair Follicle Drug and Background Screening Conducted
We are an equal opportunity
employer, where we value the strengths of diverse team members. We offer
competitive compensation and benefits and an exciting work environment.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.