The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer will be responsible for conducting technical tasks associated with the implementation of cloud application infrastructures, platforms, and services. Must be able to create software defined configurations, design life-cycle service models, ensure technology interoperability and flexible integration with other systems. Proficiency in documentation is a must for existing and proposed cloud infrastructure. The ability to provide complex troubleshooting/support within all levels of organization. Apply ITIL practices to support new and existing line-of-business cloud deployments. Position will focus on cloud service delivery, including the following: Design and maintain cloud service catalog, defining and maintaining system change management policies and programs, and develop software to leverage third party web service-based APIs.
- Participate in the design, engineering, configuration, operation and maintenance of secure and scalable cloud services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Automates installation and configuration of IaaS & PaaS services based on guidelines and standards defined by Cloud Center of Excellence.
- Work in collaboration with application and support teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues affecting cloud services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Perform automated controlled deployments of digital assets between development, quality assurance and production environments.
- Ability to plan and complete projects based on high-level requirements with minimal or no guidance.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Work closely with lead engineers to understand and implement team standard platforms and technologies.
- Perform activities in support of a 24x7 global support model for critical production environments.
- Track daily work in project management software.
- Support planning and implementation of disaster recovery plans.
- Evaluate cloud services and products; perform product proof of concept analysis.
- Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel as required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT experience.
- 5 years of Linux scripting or Linux administration or experience with managing middleware application technologies.
- 2+ years hands-on with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker
- 2+ years hands-on with Continuous delivery, DevOps, and automation of deploying application in the cloud.
- Experience working with an Infrastructure-as-Code tool like Terraform, Ansible or Puppet.
- Comfortable working with solution and enterprise architects.
- Comfortable with networking fundamentals such as: load balancing, firewalls, and application proxies and security brokers.
- Comfortable in scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
- Experience with software development and collaboration products.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Understanding of the key underlying enterprise middleware technologies, e.g., Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, including how they are configured and administered.
- Strong working knowledge of webservers, application and database servers.
- Strong experience with automation and orchestration frameworks used to complete tasks.
- Strong understanding of automation and deployment tools (Puppet, Jenkins, GIT or similar).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Application Performance Monitoring (Dynatrace or similar).
- Good knowledge of LDAP concepts and experience working with a LDAP Directory.
- Experience with logging tools such as Splunk, Azure OMS, Azure Application Insights.
Bash (Scripting Language)
Platform As A Services