Catholic Charities is seeking a Development Associate
The position of Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and Communications. This individual is an essential contributor to the mission, vision, and impact of one of the largest nonprofit providers of human services in the State of Connecticut.
HOURS - Full Time 35 hours per week.
- Receive, process, record, and generate timely acknowledgment letters for all financial gifts, matching gifts, memorial/in honor gifts, estate gifts, and other contributions to Catholic Charities, working harmoniously and productively with colleagues in Finance Department and throughout the agency
- Manage, maintain, and update the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), including biographical information for individuals, corporations, foundations, houses of worship, and other constituencies
- Support planning and implementation of fundraisers and other special events, including sponsorship benefits, guest lists, table assignments, set-up, etc.
- Support the production and design of all fundraising, communications, and marketing materials, including annual report, brochures, appeal letters, invitations, etc.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of Catholic Charities website, social media, and other electronic communications
- Provide excellent customer service to donors, partners, members of the public, and colleagues on the phone, over email, and in person, responding helpfully to inquiries, and following up as necessary
- Work closely with Finance Department to reconcile all credit card transactions with agency bank statement
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Catholic Charities offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health: Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
For a Secure Future: Life, AD&D and Long-term disability insurance
For Retirement: 403(b) Plan, with employer matching contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement: Training and development opportunities and for Licensed Clinicians ability to apply for the education Loan Forgiveness Program under The National Services Health Corp.
For Work Life Balance: Generous paid time off, including vacation, and sick time.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Free and confidential counseling
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience in a relevant field
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability in technology use and database management; Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred
The ideal candidate for this job is a person of honesty, integrity, courtesy, and empathy, who will:
- have exceptional writing, communications, and organizational skills;
- be highly attentive to detail;
- have experience with nonprofit development and/or communications, including events management;
- provide excellent customer service in internal and external relations;
- be comfortable with technology, including Microsoft Office suite, WordPress, and Raiser’s Edge or similar database, and be willing to continue building her or his knowledge and fluency in this area;
- be adaptable and able to maintain composure under deadlines;
- maintain discretion and uphold confidentiality in regards to the business functions of Catholic Charities, including, but not limited to, donor information;
- be motivated and interested in understanding, promoting, and supporting the various programs and services of the organization; and
- be motivated and interested in growing into her or his role, taking on additional responsibilities over time, and contributing her or his original ideas, perspectives, and suggestions to the overall strategy of the Development and Communications office.
You may apply online by clicking on this link: https://www.applitrack.com/ccaoh/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Administrative+%26+Support+Staff
Catholic Charities Inc., Archdiocese of Hartford is in compliance with all applicable discrimination laws. All hiring, promoting, and transferring is done on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to membership in any protected class. EEO/ AA/ M-F/ VET/ DISABLED.
Good Manufacturing Practices