PrideStaff Financial, a recruiting firm specializing in accounting and financial positions, is seeking a highly coordinated and efficient Medical Biller for a client. In this position, you will assist financial billing services with generating revenue by billing and making financial payment arrangements; collecting on accounts billed, monitoring and pursing delinquent accounts.
Job Responsibilities – Medical Biller and Coder
As a Medical Biller and Coder, you will collect on delinquent accounts by establishing a billing/payment arrangement with patients. Efficient follow-up on billing arrangements with patients when payment gaps take place.
Additional responsibilities for the Medical Biller and Coder include:
· Proficient use of Client’s EMR Platform
· Use coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies for billing purposes
· Maintain medical bad-debt cost report by tracking billings
· Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims
· Verify patient insurance coverage
· Secure outstanding balance payments for hospital employees through payroll deductions
· Protect patient billing confidentiality
· Enhance billing department and hospital reputation
As the Medical Biller and coder, you must be diligent and detail oriented. The Medical Biller and Coder must have a high level of critical thinking skills for our busy client.
Additional requirements of the Medical Biller and Coder include:
· 3-5 years in Medical Biller and Coder role
· Certified Coder
· Graduate of an accredited high school
· Associate’s Degree in MIBC from an accredited college
· Effective knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, coding and medical terminology
Medical Billing And Coding
Health Information Management
Healthcare Common Procedure Coding Systems