This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical distribution systems, wiring, and lighting throughout MSD’s office, laboratory and manufacturing facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic diagrams and technical documents related to the electrical distribution systems throughout MSD
• Install and maintain conduit, wiring, cable, circuit breakers and panels for electrical distribution
• Inspect and troubleshoot wiring, circuit breakers, transformers and other electrical components
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment and electrical fixtures using hand tools, power tools and electrical diagnostic equipment
• Provide wiring for and install lighting fixtures
• Connect new equipment to electrical distribution systems
• Understand commercial wiring systems and ensure code compliance for new installations
• Adhere to all applicable state and local building regulations related to the National Electrical Code
• Assess electrical loading and provide recommendations for reliable and safe operations of electrical equipment
• Pull permits for required electrical work at MSD facilities
• Ensure emergency power distribution systems are operational and meet business requirements
• Maintain necessary licenses and certifications needed to meet job responsibilities in areas where MSD businesses are located
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 4 years as licensed Electrician in the State of Maryland
• Experience in life science, GMP, or other commercial biotechnology industry preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Logical problem solving and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion
• Ability to read and interpret wiring and schematic diagrams
• Ability to perform installations that are neat and adhere to standard industry practices
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel preferred
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work tasks
• This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
• This position requires ability to correctly determine color coding of wires by vision.
• The ability to lift 50 pounds and to be able to stand, walk and stretch for extended periods of time is required.
• The ability to climb and work on ladders is required.
This position is performed in an office, laboratory, and industrial manufacturing environment.