To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Island, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Systems Administrator Websphere Portal & Commerce
PFI Tech • Long Island, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PFI Tech's client in Long Island, NY is currently seeking a Senior IBM WebSphere Portal & Commerce Administrator / Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and updating all existing Web systems (Internet/Intranet/Extranet) that employ scalable-advanced technologies. This key individual will be responsible for integrating Web systems with existing systems, enabling the creation of new Web enterprises or expanding business onto the Web. You will be working with the operations staff (UNIX, DBA, etc.), IT management, and vendors in resolution of highly complex technical problems.
This individual will need to be well versed in all aspects of Web operations including installation and setup, ongoing system operations, maintenance, monitoring, support and troubleshooting in a large production support environment (24/7).
- Install and maintain IBM Websphere Portal & Commerce servers and software, develop scripts and establish configuration standards, work with Oracle DBAs on system setup.
- Act as primary contact for Website related issues and provide basic training to other staff as required.
- Maintain and document revisions to Websphere and Portal Commerce systems, including responses to system outages, in order to report on all aspects of system operations.
- Assist DBA Team with hardware capacity planning, testing and system migrations.
- Assist with responses to security exploitations and compromises as required
- Implement Web standards and processes around various data center activities to measure performance, capability, capacity, etc.
- Gather statistics to assist in hardware requirements and network bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability while providing direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Work closely with other technology teams as required to prioritize activities and insure compliance to corporate and legal policies
- Provide on-call support as required.
- 5 - 7 years technical production and implementation support background. (Linux Admin, Websphere Portal Admin)
- 3-5 years IBM / Oracle (Applications, Server and Database) experience
- Significant experience in establishing, running and supporting a highly available, redundant server environment
- Working knowledge of networking and switched network technologies
- Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery activities
- Working knowledge of Client and Intel Hardware technology
- Experience with enterprise monitoring suites is a plus
Business / Other Requirements:
- Must be able to understand business requirements, strategies and processes and understand the implication to system operations
- Must be able to define SLAs and drive to support them
- Must be able to work with third party vendors, contracts
- Must have advanced problem solving skills
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be self motivated, able to plan work effort and manage to the project schedule and priorities
- Must be flexible, adaptable, & available for support during non-standard hours
- Must be able to proactively address issues
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent area required
- Certifications and Supplemental Professional Development Training as warranted