To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Clara, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cloud Operations Support Engineer
NEC Corporation of America • Santa Clara, CA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Want to play a part in building and supporting a new common services framework cloud platform?
- Do you like the challenge of making sure cloud platforms that support mission critical applications for very large enterprise clients stay up and running?
- Do you enjoy building effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services?
- Want to help design and implement best practices around operational processes, DevOps and deployments?
- Are you interested in all things security?
Well then, you should probably keep reading…
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world.
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies, Inc. (“NECECT”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation. The company develops and supports a wide range of solutions, including Unified Communications, Software-defined networking, Video Analytics and IoT.
We are looking for an analytically minded, experienced Cloud Operations Support Engineer willing to work and innovate with the vigor of a fast growing business unit. As a Cloud Operations Support Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully and for running cloud platforms smoothly for our cloud solutions to meet the business and application requirements.
Some of the things you will be doing:
• Work as part of infrastructure team to ensure deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully.
• Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability.
• Responsible for running cloud platforms that support mission critical applications for very large enterprise clients.
• Anticipate risks and obstacles and develop plans for mitigation, Set up alerts notifying teams before potential issues escalate to a service outage
• Work as part of a global support team to triage and remediate public cloud infrastructure issues and assist with application support engagements as needed.
• Assist other engineering and development teams to resolve application to platform integration issues for both IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
• Help our development and engineering teams test alpha/beta products
• Investigate and contribute to solving issues in production environments.
• Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
• Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
• Other job responsibilities can include creating and employing disaster recovery solutions and assisting with continuous improvement activities.
• Setup best practices with ability to define operational processes, implement DevOps, deployment checklists, and more.
• Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms
• Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
• Assist client support personnel in the remediation of production issues
• Support client efforts to integrate to the platform by providing technical subject matter expertise
• Develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to cloud migrations and implementations.
• Drive initiatives to continuously improve platform performance and reliability
If you posses the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Prior 3-5 years hands-on work experience in AWS or AZURE and min technology experience of 8 years
• A deep understanding of Security (Security Group, NACL)
• An understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing, Firewall
• Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components
• Experience with cloud services such as AWS -potential problems, and how to setup and manage a service in the cloud.
• Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, PKI and distributed networks).
• Significant experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
• Strong analytical skills to solve problems
• Strong willingness to learn the underlying business
Even better if you have:
• Experience developing or supporting solutions in Docker or OpenShift.
• Experience using configuration, orchestration and automation tools such as, Chef, Puppet, etc.
You should have excellent English written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills; and the ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role with ability to train and disseminate information to other team members as an senior level software architect including virtual team members.
The ability to display strength working closely with other team members, managers and clients is a key element of this position. In-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s) and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization/solution.
Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and add value & leadership as a team member for the team. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to train and disseminate technical and competitive information within area of expertise. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
Computer and/or Technical Skills: Leading-edge technical knowledge and consultative skills above reproach, with in-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s).
Work Environment and Physical Demands -
General Work Environment: Office
Standing/Lifting: 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:
No supervisory responsibility.
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities