To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA
- Phone:: 515.235.0474
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Administrative Coordinator - Des Moines, IA
Planned Parenthood North Central States • Des Moines, IA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Planned Parenthood North Central States
Executive Administrative Coordinator-Des Moines, IA
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Provide administrative support for the State Executive Director and State Board, along with support for the Development and Public Affairs Departments.
· Manages executive office operations to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity and high performance of the State Executive Director. Provides administrative support and coordinates logistics for the State Executive Director, including but not limited to internal meetings, web-ex coordination, teleconferencing, and travel. Provides administrative support for development and public affairs departments.
· Coordinates functions to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity and high performance for the State Board and its committees; coordinate all Board and committee meeting communications and logistics as set forth in the corporate bylaws. Attends all Board meetings and supports Board activities; responsible for agendas and meeting materials for distribution; minutes; making travel arrangements and creating/processing expense reports. Maintains Board notebooks and supports special task forces. Manages logistics of new board member orientation, board retreat and board meetings as well as board committee meetings. Travel of up to 10% will be necessary.
· Organizes programs, events, meetings or conferences as needed, including arranging travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for the executive team and others as needed.
· Transcribes, composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports and other documents.
· Supports strategic projects for the Board, State Executive Director and other leadership to ensure they are completed timely, under budget and effectively.
· Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including anticipating and developing needed improvements, conducting research to inform decision makers and initiating new processes to enhance administrative operations.
· [Iowa only: Partners with the Director of Corporate, Executive & Board Affairs by providing administrative support for the PPHeartland Foundation board, including but not limited to, on-site preparation and logistical support.]
· Provide support to Development and Public Affairs teams as appropriate, including volunteer tracking and other tasks.
· Provide location specific administrative support as needed.
· Meets established productivity standards for the position.
This position is full-time at 40 hours per week. Tentative schedule primarily Monday through Friday 8:30a-5p with some weekends and evenings possible
• High school diploma/equivalent; prefer associate degree in an administrative program.
• One to three years of administrative and/or customer service experience.
• Must be proficient with Word, Excel and Outlook products.
• Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proactive self-starter, confident in their ability to move work forward quickly and accurately with limited direction
• Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality and accuracy in all work
• Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Excellent computer skills, with advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook calendar proficiency
• Skilled at organizing one’s own work, but also understanding organizational needs of others and accommodating their needs
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Possess excellent and professional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
• Ability to meet deadlines in an environment which may contain distractions and interruptions
• Willingness to work with and ability to delegate to volunteers and interns
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that effectively employs the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO