The Counter Sales Associate is responsible for our sales counter at one of our wholesale HVAC distributorships that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to provide strong customer service in a sales-oriented setting.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Represent the company as a leader in the industry ensuring maximum sales.
- Interact with internal and outside sales people, vendors and contractors. Responsible for showroom merchandising and re-stocking product.
- Assist in resolving customer relations problems with both dealers and end users.
- Complete sales order process for customers with efforts to up-sell associated items. Service walk-in and telephone customers and assist with sourcing and shipping parts, inventory control and warranty administration.
- Provide customer product and service needs by researching products via computer system, catalog, telephone or other reference sources.
- Arrange stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order.
- Apply suggestive selling techniques and up sells to current and prospective customers.
- Conduct outgoing customer sales or service calls and resolve customer complaints.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong background in technical support, HVAC parts, and customer service/sales with intermediate MS Office capabilities.
- Customer Service, Data Entry, Estimating, Purchase Orders, Sales, Shipping/Receiving Minimum 1+ year experience in a Counter Sales role, preferably in the HVAC industry.
- Knowledge of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
Licensing and Certifications:
Valid driver license and/or CDL license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.