To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Areeba Farooqi
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Product Engineer - Semiconductors
General Motors • US-Nationwide
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Motors is searching for a Product Engineer in Detroit, MI
Semiconductor SME’s Encouraged to Apply – Relocation Assistance Available
Are you a subject matter expert (SME) in semiconductors? Are you looking to leverage your technical, costing, supplier, industry, and manufacturing process knowledge in a highly visible role. Become a crucial member of the Product Program Cost Optimization (PPCO) Team. PPCO’s mission is to be a world leading team of global experts in component material and vendor tooling cost, providing a competitive advantage for General Motors.
GM consists of a team of diverse, talented, and highly motivated people from around the world. GM offers competitive compensation with bonus incentives, comprehensive benefits, 401(k) with company match, tuition assistance, generous time off, continued professional growth, and much more!
- Operate as a SME in semiconductors, utilizing proven cross-functional experience (i.e. must have “lived it”).
- Keep abreast of current developments and trends globally in areas of expertise and responsibility (technical & commercial).
- Actively identify new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities – share insights and expertise within PPCO and other functional partners (e.g. Engineering /Purchasing).
- Utilize executive presence and savvy required to convey points of view and expertise to GM leadership and functional partners.
- Drive consistency in costing methodology and tools with global GM team.
- Be a strategic partner to drive/achieve cost performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Well-regarded SME outside of General Motors in the semiconductor space.
- Has a “sixth sense” for cost – knows how to use systems and tools to support instincts and not rely solely on tools.
- Able to collaborate and coordinate cost information across departments to drive optimal corporate decisions.
- Exhibits critical thinking skills in conjunction with intellectual curiosity.
- Able to work with people within and outside group - including willingness to listen to various opinions / issues.
- Understands other facets of the business to support PPCO (Product Development, Supply Chain, Sales Service and Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.).
- 15-20% travel required, as needed.
- Core Engineering experience (Release Engineering, including at suppliers).
- Certified Blackbelt.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a Center of Expertise (global or regional).
- Experience working internationally.
- Professional affiliations, patents, white papers.