To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rosemont, IL 60018
- Phone: 469-939-7582
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Intelligence Developer
RED SKY Consulting • Rosemont, IL
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Business Intelligence Developer(Finance)
Location: Wood Dale, IL or Rosemont, IL
Position type: Contract to Direct Hire
Business Intelligence Developer(Finance) role will be part of a team responsible for managing and improving a portfolio of Finance applications. This position requires an understanding of the banking and financial services businesses along with the technical skills necessary to translate business requirements into technical solutions. While it is a part of the IT team, this is a business-facing role. Responsibilities include working with the Finance business unit at Corporate to document requirements, propose solutions and deploy new functionality. This individual must possess strong process improvement skills and the ability to coordinate across multiple teams to deliver new capabilities.
A Business Intelligence Developer needs to be or become a strong subject matter expert in the applications he/she supports, knowing what the systems do, how they work, how they interact with other systems and what issues can arise.
Key Accountability Items
- Manage relationships with key business stakeholders and ensure excellent communication between Business and Technical teams
- Translate business needs and desired capabilities into clearly articulated requirements and solutions
- Analyze and improve processes associated with financial applications and the flow of data between those applications
- Model complex business issues and requirements
- Work with the Business and Technical teams to define, test and implement business solutions
- Document and update requirements throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Coordinate project delivery, including estimation, planning, scheduling, scope management, developing the business case, communications, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience as a Process Improvement Expert, Application Specialist, Business Analyst or similar role
- Understating of accounting concepts; experience in corporate finance environment
- Proficiency in one or more database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Must have experience with on or all of the following: SSIS, SSRS, ETL, MSSQL, ETL, EDI
- Exhibit a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work diplomatically across all levels within the organization and with the vendors that support our applications