To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1955 West Field Court
Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Jim Gustafson
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Accounting Associate (Leases)
Packaging Corporation of America • Lake Forest, IL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are seeking resumes for a Sr. Accounting Associate (Leases) at our corporate headquarters in Lake Forest, IL.
The Sr. Accounting Associate (Leases) will be an important part of the newly created Lease Accounting Team. This position is responsible for reviewing leases and entering data into the lease accounting system in accordance with ASC-842. This role will also involve account reconciliation and report and journal entry preparation as part of the monthly close process. The person in this role will provide support and training to other lease accounting clerks and others throughout the company and assist with developing ongoing processes and documentation.
● Responsible for updating the lease accounting system when there is a new lease or a change in current lease terms.
● Actively participate in the period, quarter, and year-end accounting close through preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts and distributing reporting.
● Provide excellent customer service to internal customers.
● Support Plant and Mill Controllers as well as Purchasing and Tax Personnel.
● Assist with creating and maintaining procedures, processes, controls and documentation for the newly created Lease Accounting Team.
● Assist with training other Lease Accounting Clerks and Plant and Mill Controllers on lease accounting processes and controls.
● Various other routine and non-routine functions as requested by management.
● Associate’s degree.
● 2+ years’ experience in an accounting environment, preferably working with leases.
● Strong customer service skills.
● Strong working knowledge of PC applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Previous experience working in a team environment.
● Above average written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to multiple audiences and purposes.
● Strong problem solving skills with ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● TRIRIGA system experience.
● Experience in a Fortune 500 company corporate office setting.
● Experience in a manufacturing environment.
Competitive pay and benefit package.
Qualified applicants should apply at: https://usr54.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/pca/Posting/View/48
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.