Would you like to work with a welcoming, helpful, friendly team? Are you looking for challenging and rewarding work? If you are an ambitious professional, then Roadrunner Transportation Systems is the opportunity you’ve been looking for! Roadrunner Transportation Systems offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package, matching 401(K) program, along with the opportunity to work in an environment that values employees and customers at each point of the business.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems (NYSE: RRTS) is a leading asset-light transportation and logistics service provider offering a full suite of solutions, including customized and expedited less-than-truckload, truckload logistics, transportation management solutions, intermodal solutions, freight consolidation, inventory management, expedited services, international freight forwarding, customs brokerage, and comprehensive global supply chain solutions.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Supervises and coordinates dock operations and personnel including load planning, local and line haul deliveries, equipment and contractor utilization, OS&D procedures, sales, rating, billing, customer service, employee payroll and office operations.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Assists in all terminal and employee safety issues and compliance with governmental regulations.
- Assists local and line haul contractors with coordinating the following: loading and unloading, equipment lease agreement, DOT qualifications and requirements, manifest approval and settlements, deliveries and operation procedures.
- Ensures load quality, timely computer data entry and paperwork procedures followed, terminal and freight security and proper freight routing.
- Reviews daily terminal operating cost to manage terminal profitability and budgeted cost attainment.
- Provides supervision to staff through motivation, direction, review of and feedback on performance.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge.
- Traces and updates freight information and paperwork.
- Assists with various positions and forklift operations in the absence of employees.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Skills: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employers of organization.
- Communicates internally with all corporate office staff, and externally with terminals, line haul contractors, law enforcement and customers.
Want to learn more about Roadrunner Transportation Systems? Go to www.rrts.com and learn about all that we have to offer. You can see all open job opportunities as well. We can transport your career!
Equal Employment Opportunity