The Parts Counter Rep is responsible for front line customer service in a variety of parts and service areas. Responsibilities may include one or more of the following while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction: data entry, technical ability, research, and various administrative abilities. Assist the Service Department in identifying, acquiring, and invoicing all parts to workorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet all customers in the showroom and answer phones in a timely fashion.
- Look up parts via supplied computer programs.
- Support the parts procurement, stocking and delivery needs of the Service Departments
- Handle cash payments and returns per cash policies.
- Maintain all action pending reports and outstanding backorders.
- Help resolve any customer issues or concerns.
- Be able and willing to perform any warehouse duties as required.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Promote safety through own work habits.
- If noticed, this individual needs to report to supervisor any conditions that do not meet OSHA standards.
- Exhibits a Customer First! Attitude at all times.
- All customers treated equally
- Take ownership of situations, do not pass customer to other employees
- Good attitudes will be required
- Neatness in dress is mandatory
- Profanity will not be tolerated
- Answer telephone with politeness
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in parts environment, focusing on customer service/support highly preferred
- Must be familiar with identifying and sourcing parts on a daily basis
- Ability to assist shop with replacement parts that are comparable to OEM supplied components
Operate Cash Register
Store Inventory Control
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Since 1926, Carolina Tractor has been committed to the needs of its customers by providing superior parts, service, and sales as a leader in industrial distribution. We support our customers through three operating divisions, all of which have highly skilled technicians, sales, and support employees.
View the full profile
Carolina CAT operates 8 locations throughout Western North Carolina serving the Construction, Forestry, Total Truck and Trailer, and Power Generation industries. We are proud to be a part of the elite Caterpillar dealer network. Product offerings include full lines of new, used, and rental equipment with flexible financing options available.