The Manager Corporate Development is responsible for collaborating with the VP and Director of Corporate Development to evaluate and execute strategic transactions to meet our company goals. These transactions could include mergers, acquisitions, investments, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic partnerships. This team must develop detailed business cases including financial budgets and models, revenue forecast projections, EBITDA projections, financing options and make recommendations to the Executive team. Partner with outside resources and internal crossfunctional groups that provide expertise in finance, operations, supply chain, real estate, human resources, and legal that may be part of the Due Diligence team. Assist with the transaction from the beginning investigation, to the due diligence process, to the negotiation and final legal and government reviews, to the closing and finally to manage the conversion to/from the business.
• Support the company’s growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic partnerships.
- Target projects might include operational real estate transactions (purchase and sale of operating retail locations), technology investments and partnerships, and other alternative investments e.g. pharmacy, manufacturing
• Assist with the project manage multiple, large, complex deals.
• Working with internal and external resources and ensure development projects are being met according to project plan.
• Participate in bidding and contract negotiation for each deal.
• Assist with the evaluation process of potential business opportunities including conducting market research, financial and other analysis and diligence, and communicating recommendations to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team
• Create comprehensive financial modeling for use in the evaluation of the business opportunities
• Develop strong relationships with senior leadership and be seen as a trusted advisor through expertise in corporate development and strategic initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree Required – Finance, Business;
• 3+ years in Business evaluation, financial modeling
• Solid financial acumen; developed and managed budgets while controlling costs.
• Strong knowledge of store financials and how opening and closing stores can impact competitive markets and business results and objectives.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and project manage multiple consultative business and capital expense plans and action items across divisions.
• Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex solutions and findings.
• Effectively communicates to all levels of the organization using diplomacy and persuasive skills.
• Candidly and constructively speaks up even when it’s difficult to do so.
• Self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance.
• Autonomously meets goals and deadlines.
• Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics and policy compliance at all levels.
• TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10% travel
Mergers And Acquisitions