Prototype Test Engineer
Location – Plainville, CT
1 Year Position
(Must Be a U.S. Citizens or Green Card Holder)
Axiem International is a renowned Engineering Firm that partners with Fortune 500 companies on engineering deliverable projects as well as staffing high-end technical engineers and professionals for long-term contract and permanent positions with our clients. Axiem is not the typical professional Service Agency, we offer all full-time employees a benefit package including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation and 401K. You also have the opportunity to receive annual performance reviews and a yearly pay raise. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to build professional relationships with our clients and have a greater chance to get in the door with some of the world’s largest manufacturing firm. Join the Axiem International team today! URL blocked - click to apply
The ideal candidate for this position will be an engineer familiar with electrical testing procedures, test requests and documentation. The successful candidate will be able to review Bill of Materials and have the experience and focus to find deviations on as-built products. While part of the job requires hands-on functions, you will need to have excellent organizational skills, which includes documentation transfer along with file and database updating. This position requires coordination of test schedules with internal and external test labs.
This position requires testing of mechanical parts, Electronic or Circuit Board Testing candidates will NOT be considered.
· Write and submit test requests to lab for tests such as temperature rise, racking endurance, and short circuit.
· Run basic functional testing as applicable
· Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of failures
· Resubmit tests as required.
· Review with design engineering team to confirm completeness
· Establish resolution plans and implement design enhancements
· The ability to read drawings
· Review part drawings and submit to suppliers to have prototypes made
· Minimum 3 years of industrial experience
· Self-starter, independent worker, able to work hands-on at times and still create detailed reports as needed
· Experience writing and reviewing test requests and results
· Experience with assembling and building product prototypes
· Proven troubleshooting skills
· Bachelors in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical Engineering
· Knowledge of breakers and other switchgear products
· UL Lab Test experience – Metallurgical or Electrical
· Some Pro E or Design experience a plus, but not required
· Experience with ECO and ECR processes