To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5835 Peachtree Corners East
Atlanta, GA 30092
- Human Resources
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Contracts Manager
GC&E Systems Group • Atlanta, GA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Name: Federal Contract Manager
Company: GC&E Systems Group, Inc.
Employee Type: Full Time
Experience: Eight (8) or more years of federal contract administration experience
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience or a Bachelor's degree in pre-law, business administration or related field preferred
Relocation Cost: None, position can work remotely
Travel: Occasional travel
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to perform full range of contract/subcontract management and administration functions for the complete lifecycle of Federal, State, Local, and commercial contracts both in the US and internationally.
Essential Job Functions:
● Maintain an up-to- date working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS, other FAR supplements
● Creates contract/subcontract information based upon previous documents or research conducted. Negotiates and administers new contracts, changes, teaming agreements, and non-disclosure agreements in accordance with corporate and area of assignment policies. Reviews various complex documents, agreements and contracts for areas of improvement or revision; creates and revises documents as appropriate.
● Creates, prepares, reviews and edits contracts, new work orders, amendments, modifications and change orders of a high to medium complexity level and contract risk type. Analyzes documents to determine corporate risk; prepares and provides alternative approaches to mitigate the risk.
● Reviews contracts in area of assignment on a regular basis; advises managers regarding potential improvements or issues. Identifies course of action and works in conjunction with management to implement. Creates additional approaches to other contracts.
● Prepares appropriate contractual responses to meet applicable law and regulatory requirements as well as contractual requirements. Researches changes or revisions to understand approach.
● Retains currency on contract regulations and contract law in appropriate areas.
● Acts as expert in providing support and assistance in proposals for new business. Creates appropriate approach and draft documentation to facilitate process.
● Maintains contractual documents, files, correspondence, meeting minutes and other appropriate and applicable documents and corresponding logs.
● Works in conjunction with interdisciplinary team to ensure contractual requirements are met as determined by established deliverables; ensures adherence to those deliverables; communicates milestones and commitments.
● Acts as an interface and point of contact with the client and internal staff regarding contractual issues; resolves issues and communicates approach.
● Support periodic internal project audits, outside project audits by clients, and federal and state agency audits. Able to understand and coordinate implementation of Audit findings
● Coordinate and work effectively with business development, sales, and operations groups at determining and implementing contractual requirements associated with Programs/Projects
Highlights of Responsibilities:
● Work with Pricing to provide guidance for establishment of cost and pricing data for the development of proposals in accordance with customer’s request for proposals (RFP) specifications
● Prepare the contractual and administrative portions of any cost or business volume of a proposal to include, but not limited to: cover letter, financial statements, representations and certifications, sample contracts, or other terms & conditions
● Active participation in proposal development for new business opportunities with a focus on pre-award negotiations and post award implementation
● Due diligence in support of projects with new Clients/Teaming arrangements, Contract Risk Analysis, Contract task order proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contracts policy compliance, Project audits, Project property management and any other business related support required by the program/project management team
● Analyze and convey to management the necessary requirements of customers’ RFP
● In conjunction with the Program/Project Manager, develop the negotiation strategy and plan/lead, and where appropriate conduct contract negotiations with the potential Client
● Develop risk mitigation strategies
● Coordinate with Program and Project operations teams to manage contractual responsibilities
● Provide continual review and administration of assigned documents to ensure potential issues are identified prior to becoming problems, determine and communicate whether all terms and conditions are being met, and ensure identified problems are communicated to leadership for resolution in a timely manner.
● Organize and manage contract documentation
● Serve as the primary point of contact with the customers’ contracting official
● Review and analyze contract documents to determine contractual obligations
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Eight (8) or more years of federal contract administration experience
● Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills
● Excellent working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS, other FAR supplements, as well as the Uniform Commercial Code with the ability to independently research regulatory issues, understand their application and consequences to our business
● Understanding of Contract and Subcontract formation and implementation for Federal programs
● Strong organizational skills – the ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, manage time effectively, manage documentation, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
● Understanding of the general role and required interface with DCMA and DCAA
● Strong working knowledge of word-processing (Word), database, spreadsheet (EXCEL) programs and integrated software applications
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.