Have you managed significant numbers of people? You might be a fit here!
ServiceMaster Services has been in Richmond over 40 years and employs multiple generations of families for a reason; we care about our people.
We are seeking caring and reliable employees to provide janitorial services for our clients in various parts of the Richmond area. We offer entry-level roles as well as specialized positions such as floor technicians, team leads, and supervisors. For more info, please apply below or feel free to call us at
to learn more.
- Location: VA War Memorial
- Pay: $33,000-$34,000 salary
- Hours: 2pm-10pm (must be flexible)
ServiceMaster Clean (ServiceMaster Services) is hiring a Full-time Manager to assist in managing the nightly cleaning of this building and the leadership of numerous supervisors and employees. This position requires 2+ years of janitorial cleaning and supervisory experience, will report to (and be supported by) an experienced Operations Manager, and will oversee other supervisors and staff.
The part-time positions' work hours will be 8 hours per day between approximately 2:00pm - 10:00 pm. Flexible hours, including some weekend hours and occasional overtime, are required.
Your leadership, people skills, training abilities, attention to detail, willingness to "show" people and not just "tell" them, and your overall commitment and sense of ownership will be valuable here!
Our company is a great place to work in Richmond. We are the largest locally owned and operated commercial janitorial services firm serving Richmond. We employ hundreds of associates and clean millions of square feet of space daily. Established in 1974, we have earned the reputation as a highly respected provider of daily janitorial services. More importantly, we have many remarkably long-term employees, reflecting our competitive benefits and, more importantly, demonstrating how important our people and our work environment are to our team. Come see why. Contact us today!
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum Age:18+ years old
- Education and work history that demonstrates work ethic and responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively with client contacts, building occupants and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strong work ethic and do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Willing and able to work in damp, dusty and soiled areas and clean up human waste and other body fluids as necessary.
- Physically able to be on your feet the entire shift and perform all tasks which include walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, crouching and lifting.
- Able to lift 35 lbs. and carry a 12 lbs. backpack vacuum cleaner.
- Pass criminal background check and drug screening.
- Assist in cleaning guest rooms
- Assist in cleaning guest rooms
- Knowing the proper cleaning solutions
- Perform or travel to cleaning work
- Improve cleaning and training program
- Ordering cleaning equipment and supplies
- Seek out areas requiring cleaning
- Emptying and cleaning all trash receptacles
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties
- Monitor proper cleaning of floor machines
- Training janitorial staff in proper cleaning
- Assist in ordering cleaning and/or paper supplies
- Ordering cleaning and/or paper supplies
- Coordinating and monitoring plant cleaning supplies
- Perform general cleaning duties such as vacuuming, trash removal, sanitizing restroom, cleaning break rooms, cleaning office areas
- Review all Intensified cleaning requests from QA
- Supervise the night housekeeping staff and cleaning team
- Making coffee and filling beverage machines
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Replenish cleaning and bathroom supplies
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail
Product Quality Assurance