Our client has turned to SolomonEdwards for support in identifying a (Non-Technical) multifaceted Project Accounting Analysis and Coordination, Senior Consultant to provide organizational and operational assistance, closely working alongside a team of Project Managers serving within an EPMO.
The Senior Consultant must have recent experience adding cohesion to a Project Management Office (PMO), Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), and/or organizations tackling major internal initiatives, as well as tracking and monitoring projects financials and budgets, monitoring/lessening risk, and serving as an Accountability Partner, and following up with Project Managers to ensure all action items assigned are delivered on time.
Project Financial Management
- Maintain the project checkbook, reconcile the GL, submit and reconcile accruals.
- Assist with tasks associated with financial forecasting (resourcing, cap reporting, etc.) and financial tracking (financial peer reviews).
- Invoice payment processing including accurate GL coding and SOP 98 review prior to payment approval.
Project Coordination and Collaboration
- Track, research, and supply project details to the Financial Management, Operations, Control, and Compliance teams.
- Schedule and drive project meetings, document meeting minutes, and provide additional administrative functions as needed.
- Create, manage, and monitor project purchase orders, SOW(s), and contracts.
- Maintain project folder (i.e. repository) to ensure that artifacts are present and accurately stored/archived.
- Reconcile project information and financial data with the Planview Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool to ensure accuracy, currency, and reliability (i.e. data quality) of project information stored within Planview.
- Provide project support when appropriate for coordination activities and inquiries including process and change management expertise.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Fortune 500 Industry experience, serving within a fast-paced, and/or unstructured environment is required.
- Experience in technology and/or startup environments within the banking and/or financial services sector is highly preferred.
- Highly detailed oriented, ability to balance multiple priorities to meet deadlines, solid organizational and analytical skills with extensive problem-solving abilities, and knowledgeable in general project management methodologies is required.
- Project Financial Accounting experience including forecasting, resource planning, financial reconciliation, procurement is a plus.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, familiar working effectively independently and collaboratively across the organization with both domestic and international teams.
- Ability to analyze issues and situations systematically and make sound recommendations.
- Systems: Required - Advanced Microsoft Office application skills are required, Highly Preferred - Microsoft Project and SharePoint, and Coupa and/or similar Procure-to-Pay System experience is a plus.
- Strong technical, financial and business communication (verbal and written) skills are required.
SolomonEdwards an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Project Portfolio Management