The Operations Director shall be a seasoned operations professional with prior Controller/CFO experience and a minimum of 10 years' experience in a prior General Manager role. A minimum of 5 years experience as an Operations Director for an air conditioning company is preferred. The Operations Director must be proactive, analytical and entrepreneurial. He or she should have prior experience in defining, shaping and contributing towards the business objectives especially those pertaining to growth strategy, bottom line improvements and lean operational directives. Marketing and Sales leadership along with a strong informational technology background will be instrumental in the ability to assist and lead in growth initiatives. The Operations Director is the primary executive responsible for the implementation of daily personnel and department goals which are a part of the strategic business plan.
The ideal candidate should possess business skills with a focus on keen organizational and strategic planning skills necessary to implement strategic improvements, and perform all necessary functions to optimize business development, growth and profitability.
ECM is looking for a dynamic, energetic Operations Director with a get it done attitude and the desire to participate with the executive team in growing the company and helping with future expansion plans. The air conditioning industry is expected to grow 22% per year through the year 2022. While the home warranty division has an unlimited potential for national growth.
1. The Operations Director will have the responsibility for the day-to-day planning, managing and controlling of business operations.
2. Primary responsibility for controlling the daily activities related to air conditioning, plumbing and electrical areas.
3. Identify all revenue streams and create a business plan to improve sales volume and profit margins.
4. Ensure that all operational strategic plans are in line with our financial budget and objectives.
5. Oversee all areas of operations, all management and office personnel (IT, HR, Accounting, Dispatch, COD, Contracts, Customer Service/Care, Marketing, Purchasing, & Warehouse).
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identify all areas needing improvements and make recommendations.
- Coordinate strategic financial planning for Company to assure profitability.
- Control labor cost on all installation jobs to assure favorable profit margins.
- Control average ticket prices on services rendered to assure favorable profit margins.
- Control labor cost of service technicians by eliminating wasted travel time and down time.
- Leading and developing the team in all aspects of overall customer service.
- Working with the sales manager in leading and developing an effective sales team.
- Assisting the company in its strategy to secure more high valued services, clients and service contracts.
- Prepare and present monthly variances to budget, cost analysis and profit center actuals.
- Identify all profit centers and trends.
- Engage other members of the management team to facilitate cross-department collaboration that ensures that all financial solutions positively support ECM's evolving strategy, operational delivery and data collection needs.
Qualifications and Skills
The Operations Director will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 10 years of broad air conditioning/service industry and business skills.
The Operations Director will also have the following:
- Able to take decisive action and work with others to reach a viable solution and goal.
- Knowledgeable and well-informed, with hands-on experience of the industry and a keen eye on the future.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing and building an organization.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- An effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- Capable of recruiting, training, coaching and motivating talent.
- Has the skills needed to make an immediate and sustainable difference in a business.
East Coast Mechanical, Inc. (ECM)is a 30-million dollar service business with more than 200 employees located on South Florida's East Coast in Boynton Beach. ECM's primary business consists of three main areas of revenue generation:
1. Home Warranty Division:sells extended service warranties to homeowners and real estate agents. A service warranty is an insurance policy that will protect you against unexpected repair bills for one year. It covers all parts and labor necessary to repair your appliances, air conditioning, plumbing and electrical systems. ECM currently holds 40,000 annual renewable service warranties. Our recent remodel of our website now includes the ability to sell various types of warranties online.
2. Air Conditioning Division: ECM is the largest Lennox air conditioning dealer in Florida and in the top five in the country. The President, Jose Ramirez, has personally recruited, hired and trained the entire sales staff.
3. Plumbing Division: ECM's Plumbing Division is a more recently established division of the company and currently performing both residential and commercial plumbing. Work includes whole house re-piping, leak detection, drain rooter service, underground excavation & re-pipe, water jetting, water heater replacement and general plumbing service.
4. Electrical Division: ECM’s team of fully licensed and trained professionals are ready to resolve all your electrical needs. When you have an electrical issue that needs attention, you can rest assured that ECM electricians will diagnose the problem and get the job done right the first time.Electrical Repairs, Electrical Wiring, Electrical Upgrades
- Annual Bonus
- Compensation based upon experience/skills
- Weekly payroll
- Full Benefits Package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick/Personal, 401(k) with company match.
For immediate consideration, please respond via this job ad or website at www.ecmservice.com or fax your resume to 561-383-1133. Contact: Robin Rose, Corporate Recruiter, 561-586-3739 x1018
East Coast Mechanical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a Drug-Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 /year (DOE)