To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
180 East Kellogg Boulevard
Saint Paul, MN 55101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sales and Events Coordinator
Hyatt Place St. Paul • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 1 month ago
The Hyatt Place St. Paul, Minnesota is seeking an outgoing hospitality professional to fill the critical role of Sales and Events Coordinator.
Key sales responsibilities will be:
· Sales activity for the weekend and leisure market. This could include direct sales calls, sales blitzes, hotel tours, administration, communication, and correspondence.
· Maintaining good relationships with existing clients.
· Print end of month report for DOS.
· Group-block loading, management of groups and group resumes.
· Exploring new ways to increase revenue.
· Revenue and guest services function or duties may be assigned as needed.
· Attend trade shows, community events, and industry meetings as needed.
· Participate in necessary meetings, training and other sales-related events.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the competitors’ products to include, reader boards, rate shops, and catering menu files.
· Must feel comfortable selling our meeting space.
Key events responsibilities will be:
· Sales support including coordinating all meeting room needs.
· Banquet/event miscellaneous, menu updates, and signage.
· Assist with banquets/events including set up, tear down, and service events.
· Assist with contracts, BEO’s, and proposals, including distribution.
· In the event that manager is not available, closing paperwork and files, including billing and taking out credit card authorizations.
Our best candidates will bring:
· 1-3 years hotel experience required.
· 1-3 years experience in sales administration or customer service required.
· Sales Force or other database experience desirable.
· Two or four year college degree preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Fluent in English – excellent written and verbal communication.
· Proficient in computer skills.
· Must be flexible. This position must anticipate some scheduled weekend and evening hours.
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
· Must have great organization and communication skills.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to meet company MVR requirements.
Hyatt Place St. Paul is part of LodgeWorks, a hotel management and development company based in Wichita, Kansas with 900+ employees nationwide. Our multi-brand strategy includes the Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization – the foundation upon which everything is built.
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, Term Life Insurance at no cost to the employee, additional Supplemental Term Life Insurance available at a minimal cost to the employee, Long and Short-Term Disability benefits at no cost to the employee, and much more for full-time positions.
***Local Candidates Only Please – No Relocation***