Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
UPM Raflatac is looking for a Machine Operator who will be responsible for operating coating and/or slitting machine preparing product for shipment to customers.
UPM Raflatac is labeling a smarter future by developing innovative and sustainable labeling solutions complemented with world-class service. As one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labeling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.9 billion) in 2017. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM – The Biofore Company. Find out more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Finishing Machine Operator .
Greetings from your future colleague :
‘You will be joining a highly motivated team who focuses on safety first, creating quality products and customer satisfaction. Come be a part of our growing team at UPM Raflatac!’ – Boyd Lambrigtsen, Assistant Finishing Manager.
What you will do:
- Support implementation of “UPM Step Change in Quality” program initiatives for Dixon.
- Loading and unloading laminate reels on / off winders, running the machine and recording reel transactions.
- Closely monitor product quality, assuring first quality material shipped to customers.
- Report machine breakdowns / faults, possible quality defects not marked in coating and other process disturbances to supervisor.
- Report process and or mechanical difficulties.
- Coordinate with supervisor and production planning to optimize the material / order flow.
- Assure adequate operating supplies and informing purchasing of any shortages.
- Other tasks as specified by the Quality Management System.
Who you are:
- You have education and experience equivalent to High School education and 1-2 years work experience in an industrial setting.
- Previous work experience in paper/paper converting industry or experience working with web-handling equipment desired.
- Previous Slitting / Finishing of pressure sensitive laminates preferred.
- You are able to work well within a team required.
- You must have well-developed problem solving skills, including the ability and willingness to apply a systematic approach to the process.
- You must be computer-literate. Basic mechanical knowledge is an advantage.
- You must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability understand and adhere to written work instructions.
This is what we offer for you:
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Location: Dixon, IL
Are you interested? Send your application and CV in via our recruiting system.
If you have any technical issues with submitting your application, please contact our HR Service Center at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Finishing Machine Operator or [ Phone number blocked ] - Click here to apply to Finishing Machine Operator[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Finishing Machine Operator.
This Job Description is intended to be a guide and is not intended to be a contract of employment, explicit or implicit. All contents are subject to change at the sole discretion of the company. Cooperation is expected of all employees. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
UPM North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Product Quality Assurance