Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Since then, Ritter has become a regional telecommunications provider delivering a broad and competitive range of communications products and services to businesses and residents in Northeast and North Central Arkansas and West Tennessee. By providing our Business Services customers with the most innovative and integrated technology and services, we’re dedicated to reducing their costs and maximizing their profits with customized connectivity solutions. Our Residential Services customers enjoy lightning fast Internet speeds, cable TV and HDTV and reliable local and long distance phone service. Our services are delivered and supported by a dependable team of local industry experts.
The NOC Network Engineer is considered a SME within the Ritter Network Operations Center (NOC) team and is responsible for providing overall operational support to the company’s data, voice, and transport network, which consists of various network elements from multiple vendors. The NOC Network Engineer should have significant operation knowledge, experience, and exposure in data, voice, and transport technologies, and will be considered the highest escalation point within the NOC. Success in this role is highly reliant on the ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and networks, learn new technologies and processes quickly, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. The NOC Engineer will work out of our Jonesboro, AR location.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages and maintains network systems including server applications, routers, switches, firewalls, storage devices, and other network equipment;
- Provides deep network analysis concerning usage trends, recurring events, as well as outage and incident patterns;
- Provides escalation for network-level troubleshooting activities as well as customer-level troubleshooting activities;
- Designs, implements and manages policy and procedure concerning network surveillance system interaction;
- Serves to administrate and manage network surveillance platforms;
- Performs operational acceptance of new network elements;
- Participates in a team environment, providing valuable input as well as providing technical leadership to the team;
- Serves as point of escalation support for data, voice, and transport network infrastructure;
- Interacts with Engineering, Field Operations, TAC, and on occasion end-customers;
- Functions in an on-call capacity to support Network Analysts as needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications products and services;
- Solid understanding of the OSI layer and LAN/WAN protocols and technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLANs, Routing, Switching, NAT, ACL, etc.;
- Operational knowledge and awareness of data, voice, and transport network product and technologies including Cisco, Ciena, Nokia, Calix, Alcatel, and Metaswitch;
- High level proficiency of common networking tools and troubleshooting methodologies such as Telnet, SSH, ping, traceroute, and Wireshark;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple high-impact projects;
- Ability to be detail oriented while keeping the bigger picture in mind;
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment;
- Skill in scripting and front/back-end development;
- Skill in commonly used software such as Visio, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical field is preferred;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience is required;
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Nokia NRS I/II, or similar certifications preferred.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/D/V.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Public Key Infrastructure