Founded in 1920, O’Connor Company features an impressive list of high-quality product lines to accommodate HVAC dealers needs including comfort, ductless and Geo-Thermal products. We have locations in Kansas City, Wichita, Tulsa, Des Moines, and Omaha. We do business right and relationships are important to us, because we believe in being a resource and providing the best solution to customers. Our philosophy is that in order to get someone’s business you have to earn it and everyone at O’Connor works hard to do just that. Visit our website for additional information about our company. We’d love for you to join our team! This position is located at our Lenexa branch.
Do you have a pencil? ‘Cause we’re ready to write our future!
We’re looking for:
- Deep thinkers (sometimes!) who are able to show good judgment.
- High-energy doers with an eye toward personal growth.
- Hard workers who can adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- People lovers who are ready to put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
What will you be doing? We’ll keep you really busy and teach you how to:
- Check orders to be sure they’re correct and good to go
- Load & unload product
- Drive our super cool trucks
- Make deliveries to or from customers, vendors, or other branch locations
- Make new friends (our customers) and get their orders ready.
- Keep their ride and work areas clean (easier than home!)
- Learn to use cool new “toys:” a pallet jack, two and four-wheel cars and box cutters (did we mention safety?)
- Eat, sleep and drink safety.
What will you bring to the table?
- A great driving record
- High level of attention to detail
- Your brilliant smile for our customers
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic keyboarding or computer skills to do stuff like enter things into the system
- Basic math and number skills to check items, match or sort things, and add stuff
What do you get:
- No overnight travel, not even evening driving
- Steady hours
- A chance to work with a chill company with awesome people
You will be eligible for a host of health benefits that include medical, dental and life with AD&D insurance. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) with company contribution. You’ll have paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, company bonus program after one year of employment, employee promotions from within, business casual dress code, and much more!
We’re only a click away. Apply today. Come see what we’re all about! This is a full-time permanent position just waiting for you! We provide confidential, discreet review on all inquiries.
Preferred Job Requirements
- 2-5 years’ experience with driving, warehousing and related functions.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School diploma or its GED equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience with driving, warehousing, and related functions.
- Satisfactory DMV report plus driver insurability.
- Valid minimum 1-year DOT certification and state driver’s license.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to safely operate warehouse equipment such as Big Joe, 2 wheel and 4 wheel carts, pallet jacks, other carts using required safety gear
- High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
- Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and in group settings as well as follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work effectively in group settings through collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
- Must be able to understand and abide by company policies and procedures.
Driver / Warehouse
- 7-10 hours worked per day; up to 40-43 hours worked per week
- Bending 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing into and out of truck bed 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing ladders or stairs 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing on and off fork trucks 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing or balancing 1-3 hours per day
- Driving Big Joe 1-3 hours per day
- Driving Forklift 3-6 hours per day
- Lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds 3-6 hours per day
- Lifting or carrying up top 100 pounds 1-3 hours per day
- Pushing / Pulling up to 300 pounds 1-3 hours per day
- Reaching 6-8 hours per day
- Reaching above shoulder 6-8 hour per day
- Repetitively using foot motion for driving 1-6 hours per day
- Sitting 3-8 hours per day
- Squatting 1-3 hour per day
- Standing 3-6 hours per day
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling 1-3 hours per day
- Twisting (at waist) 0-1 hours per day
- Using close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Using fingers, hands, arms to feel and touch 6-8 hours per day
- Using hands and arms 6-8 hours per day
- Using hearing to talk and listen 3-8 hours per day
- Using vision to drive 3-8 hours per day
- Walking 3-6 hours per day
Attention To Detail