Johnson Service Group is a Tier 1 vendor for Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and we are currently recruiting for an, Electrical Design Engineer , affiliated with the downtown Chattanooga office.
It is estimated that 85% of this assignment could be done remotely. The candidate would need to come in initially for onboarding and then visit TVA sites as needed for walkdowns and meetings. TVA will not return to the office until at least January 2022, but will most likely remain in some form of a hybrid work that would include remote workers.
Target start date: 11/01/21
W2 Hourly Pay Rate: (time & half for overtime)
Duration: 12 – 24 months
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
This role will assist with ongoing and upcoming electrical projects and will require experience with standard design process including cable routing and knowledge in traditional electrical areas, such as breakers and motors.
- PLANS, SCHEDULES, CONDUCTS OR COORDINATES DETAILED PHASES OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING WORK.
- PERFORMS WORK WHICH INVOLVES CONVENTIONAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE BUT MAY INCLUDE A VARIETY OF COMPLEX FEATURES SUCH AS CONFLICTING DESIGN REQUIREMENTS, UNSUITABILITY OF CONVENTIONAL MATERIALS, AND DIFFICULT COORDINATION REQUIREMENTS.
- REQUIRES JUDGMENT IN THE INDEPENDENT EVALUATION, SELECTION, AND SUBSTANTIAL ADAPTATION AND MODIFICATION OF STANDARD TECHNIQUES, PROCEDURES, AND CRITERIA.
- DEVISES NEW APPROACHES TO PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED.
- PROVIDES PROCUREMENT, FIELD ENGINEERING INCLUDING WALK DOWNS, MODIFICATIONS/MAINTENANCE AND TESTING SUPPORT.
- MAY SUPERVISE OR COORDINATE THE WORK OF MULTIDISCIPLINE ENGINEERS, DRAFTERS, TECHNICIANS, AND OTHERS WHO ASSIST IN SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENTS.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus appropriate continuing education.
- Licensed Professional Engineer desirable.
- 5+ years in electrical design related to the utility industry.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
- Electrical Engineering
- Network Routing