Strategic Business Partner to site leadership in the multiple areas of human resources such as, workforce planning, employee relations and investigations, compensation administration and overall talent management (employee and community engagement, performance management, talent acquisition, on-boarding, learning and development, employee communications)
· Be a trusted partner and employee advocate through the understanding of employee needs and concerns and provide appropriate solutions that aligns to company practices across the enterprise.
· Ensure human resource plans, procedures, initiatives, communication and execution of HR practices is consistent and in alignment with enterprise direction for all sites.
· Work collaboratively with managers to address performance concerns such as absenteeism, policy violation and behavioral issues.
· Lead training initiatives, ensure proper training documentation, and work to continuously develop employees to elevate performance to drive a high performing work culture.
· Lead or participate in recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt positions to identify and hire top talent.
· Design, develop and monitor programs to foster positive employee relations and employee engagement through coaching and supporting site leadership team.
· Performs benefit administration, such as open enrollment and communicates all benefit information to employees.
· Ensure HR KPIs are being used to assess progress, measure success, and adjust approach where needed to continuously improve in those specific areas.
· Manages human resources information systems records, ensures data accuracy/integrity, and generate reports as needed for the purpose of understanding the business and to make sound decisions.
· Maintains compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment, such as meal period and rest breaks, timekeeping, recordkeeping, leave and disability management, workers compensation claims, affirmative action plans, DOT/FAA drug testing where applicable, etc.
· Handles all on-boarding of new employees and works with supervisors for a continuous positive employee experience.
· Responsible for timely and accurate review of timekeeping records for payroll processing
· Maintains personnel files and ensures all legal requirements are met.
· Collaborate with EH&S on employee safety and wellbeing initiatives, such as, annual testing, safety boots, safety committee, etc.
· Travel to other sites / regions based on business need.
Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, industrial psychology, or related field
· Human Resources professional certification
· 5 years relevant experience including business partnership, employment law, talent acquisition, employee relations and investigations, performance management.
· Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office
· Proficient in HRIS or any employee data management system
· Highly effective communicator and presenter (verbal, written)
· Strong attention to detail, analytical, and thorough in work quality and output
· Critical, strategic, and methodical thinker coupled with a balanced and professional approach.
· Relationship builder and able to influence others for positive outcomes and win-win solutions.