Health Advocates is seeking a Bilingual Field Representative to cover the Bakersfield, CA area.
** $500 Sign-On Bonus **
WE OFFER PAID TRAINING!
Screens, reviews, analyzes, researches, and communicates through an in person field interview to determine patient/claimant eligibility for governmental benefits (Medi-Cal, VOC, SSI/SSDI, TPL, etc.) within established guidelines. Responsibilities include traveling to patient’s last known address in order to complete applications, submit applications to the appropriate agency or internal department, pick-up and deliver patients to appointments, pick-up and deliver documents to various locations, participate in the investigation process, and perform additional duties, as needed.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required
· Bilingual English/Spanish is required (speak, read, and write)
· 1-2 years of field and customer service experience in a retail, service, or sales call center environment; or a government, private, or public service organization
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean DMV record
· Reliable vehicle with current auto insurance
· Must be comfortable traveling to all types of neighborhoods, including housing projects, skilled nursing facilities, and the homeless community
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact with people of all social and economic ethnicities while establishing good rapport and cooperation
· Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work independently and as a team
· Strong data gathering and analytical skills and abilities
· Strong data entry and computer skills
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Must be able to type 30 wpm
Working Title: Field Representative
Pay Rate: $17.00+ per hour (Depending on Experience)
Position Type: Full-time; Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:15 pm
Other: We conduct assessment testing and post offer background checks
Health Advocates offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of today's employees. They include: Healthcare and Insurance Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, Credit Union, Rideshare Incentives, Employee Referral Program, Vacation/Holiday/Sick Leave and other time off.
Founded in 1990, Health Advocates is the largest privately funded public advocacy company in California providing Eligibility and Recovery services to California public health systems, private hospitals, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and individuals. We are dedicated to identifying medical coverage from third-party sources such as Medi-Cal, Social Security (SSI/SSDI), and other health insurance programs to minimize uncompensated care to the benefit of both our clients and the patients and applicants they serve. Our success is born from a very unique blend of resources, expertise, and an unwavering determination to identify coverage and recovery solutions on behalf of patients that simply have no ability to pay their increasing financial healthcare debts. Innovation and compassion are integral to Health Advocates’ identity and these attributes have historically served our clients very well. We are proud of our past, excited about our future, and confident of our continued success.
This position requires access to confidential protected health information (PHI). Our employees are expected to protect the privacy of all PHI in accordance with Health Advocates’ privacy policies and procedures and as required by state and federal law including but not limited to the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rule.
21540 Plummer Street, Suite B
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 995-9500 p
(818) 995-6872 f
Health Advocates is an equal opportunity employer. We believe all of our employees should be treated fairly, consistently, and with dignity and respect. Our goal is to maintain a satisfied and productive team of employees. The keys to reaching that goal are effective leadership, fair and competitive wages and benefits, dedication to the job, and close attention to employee relations matters.
Searchable words: Admitting, Patient Demographics, Clerk, Searchable Keywords: Social Security Disability, Social Worker, Screener, Medi-Cal, Medical, Verification, Representative, Patients, Advocate, Hospital, Insurance, Healthcare, Access, Benefits, Financial Counselor, Medicaid, Medicare Specialist, Case Analyst, Case Worker, Clerk, Social Services, Social Worker, Screener, Analyst, Patient Representative, Financial Counseling, Patient Advocate, Assistant, BSW, Social Work, Social Security, Fair Hearing, Liability, Bilingual, English/Spanish, Verifier, Account Representative, Assistant, Medi-Cal Eligibility Enrollment Services, Social security claims, Federal Disability Benefits, government entitlements, government benefits, customer service, public health, public service, community based services, enrollment specialist