To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
825 Euclid Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64124
- Tonasha Sylvester
- Phone: 816-889-4763
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center • Kansas City, MO
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a member of the Finance team, the Accounting Coordinator will provide accounting support for timely, accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions. Perform daily reconciliations of insurance and patient payments to bank information. Support Health Center purchasing systems and controls as well as maintain processes for receiving and tracking Health Center equipment and supplies. Provide support with various other accounting processes including general ledger analysis/reconciliations, extracting and importing data files, month-end close, corporate budget, and special projects as assigned.
PRIMARY TASKS/DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Utilize Microsoft Excel in performing daily cash postings to receipts journal along with daily reconciliations.
• Research discrepancies utilizing bank account information and insurance/patient payment data from EHR.
• Create month-end cash receipts journal entries along with monthly EHR reconciliation report.
• Provide support in reconciling general ledger account balances during month-end.
• Track assets entering and leaving the Health Center utilizing Sage software.
• Create month-end depreciation journal entry for financial statements.
• Perform audits on 340B pharmacy inventory in support of HRSA compliance.
• Upload “positive pay” data to bank in support of Accounts Payable process.
• Assist with gathering data related to fixed assets, utilities, and supplies utilization in support of corporate budget, financial audit, and cost report.
• Provide back-up support with purchasing systems module to ensure all purchase requests are timely processed in accordance with Health Center purchasing policies and procedures.
• Analyze purchasing trends and product usage and assist with departmental supplies budgeting, reporting and inventory management.
• • Provide back-up support in Accounts Payable check processing.
• Two years' experience in a business or clinical setting performing accounting duties such as cash reconciliations and month end journal entries.
• Must be reliable, responsible and dependable .
• Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work .
• Demonstrated success in customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and a willingness to handle responsibilities and challenges.Education
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Associates degree and/or attained college coursework in accounting/finance preferred.