Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a nonprofit state –licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism Disorder and Severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School & Services , all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The School Psychologist intern provides school-based services in accordance with the practice model outlined by the National Association of School Psychology (NASP) Essential duties include assessment, intervention, consultation, collaboration and data-based decision-making. The School psychology intern utilizes culturally competent approaches to service provision and engages in ethical professional practice
Qualification & Skills:
· Enrolled in a graduate program in school psychology; satisfactory completion of university requirements and eligible for internship. Preference giving to student from NASP- approved programs.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in school settings providing assessment, counseling, and or/or consultation services. Experience with students with autism, emotional disturbance, an intellectual disability preferred, as is experience with culturally diverse populations.
· Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations within an educational setting.
· Valid Act 34, Act 151 and Act 114 clearances
· Knowledge of behavior change and evidence-based interventions for students with disabilities.
· Knowledge and demonstration of ethical professional practices.
· Relates warmly and positively to students, staff and external customers (e.g. LEAs)
· Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills.
· Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft office. Experience with computer scoring and IEP program desired.
Ability to manage multiple priorities, task, project and assignment in a timely manner
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Participates in IEP meetings, child study meetings, and other multidisciplinary team meetings.
· Engages in consultation with parents, staff, and community mental health providers.
· Plans and facilitate trainings related to students’ social/emotional development (or other topics as needed)
· Facilitates re-evaluation planning meetings that include a review of existing data and a determination of the need for additional testing.
· Administer and interprets measures of cognitive, academic, behavioral, social and emotional functioning for students as needed. This includes selecting appropriate measures based on the referral concern.
· Writes comprehensive re-evaluation reports that integrates information from multiple sources.
· Reviews and interprets reports from local school districts and agencies.
· Leads feedback sessions with the IEP team including the parent, LEA, and student as appropriate.
· Contributes to students’ IEPs, including present levels, social/emotional goals, and progress reports
· Provides evidence- based individual and group counseling services to students
· Provides crisis intervention as needed, including facilitating risk assessment and re- entry meetings.
· Conduct intake interviews with parents and students.
· Participate in ongoing professional development related to psychology and education
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
· Competitive Pay
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Employee Discount Programs
· 401k options & accrued time off.
Green Tree School & Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer for more information about our services, benefits and careers please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to School Psychologist Intern