Summary of responsibilities:
Responsible for managing client relationship by organizing and coordinating clients’ data for the accurate and timely completion of financial statements engagements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, completion of individual and business tax returns, and ongoing business consulting.
1. Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
2. Prepares accounting and tax working papers in accordance with U.S. GAAP & I.R.C.
3. Prepares business entity and individual tax returns in accordance with I.R.C.
4. Drafts financial statement including footnotes in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
5. Performs income tax planning for entities and individuals.
6. Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
7. Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
8. Must have exceptional communication skills and a solid business background.
9. Prepares routine correspondence to client.
Special attestation and tax projects and duties as may be assigned.
Location: Oakland County
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Send resume via email to: Email blocked - click to apply
Why YOU want to work on the FMD Team:
1. Opportunity to become partner with aging partners nearing retirement age;
2. Beautiful downtown Birmingham office space offers best working environment bar none;
3. Small office with highly professional, friendly staff offers better work place environment with a variety of
challenging job assignments;
4. Less demanding billable hour goals then larger firms with flexible work schedules of better work/life
5. Competitive salary and benefits.
6. Mix of tax and audit with ability to specialize in a certain area.
7. The opportunity to work directly with partner
1. Three to five years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Master’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum of forty hours continuing professional education is required each year.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge:
1. Certified public accountant’s license and should be a member in good standing with the AICPA and MiCPA.
2. Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Technical expertise
The ideal candidate should have a client-focused work ethic and have a passion for high-level client service.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Hardworking And Dedicated