Opportunity for Project Engineer in Richmond, CA areas and east bay. This is a direct hire position with benefits.
Coordinates and expedites flow of information and document control systems by ensuring required documentation is gathered, processed, and submitted throughout the preconstruction, construction, and close-out phases. Including:
Drawing control and distribution, including drawing logs
- RFI’s , clarifications
- Maintenance and submission of “as-built” drawings
- LEED documentation, if required
- Warranties and certificates
Posting of changes, clarifications and RFI’s in drawings and specifications
Assists in management of Claims and Change Orders
· Tracking and distribution of change and clarification documents to the field, subcontractors and suppliers.
· Assists in change order estimating under the direction/review of the Project Manager.
Assists with Project Start up, Planning and Scheduling
· Assists in development, monitoring and updating the Project Schedule.
· Assists in scheduling construction operations in cooperation with the Project Manager and the Superintendent.
· Assists in subcontractor management by helping the Superintendent coordinate subcontractor activities.
· Assist Superintendent in preparation of the weekly look ahead schedule to monitor progress and assure all work is scheduled for maximum efficiency.
· Schedules, processes and monitors submittals.
· Material Purchasing. Prices and purchases materials as directed by the Manager and /or Superintendent.
· Procurement of project bonds and insurance.
· Procurement of permits & utilities.
· Set up of Project Management Information System.
· Coordinates with stakeholders in development of a strategic plan for BIM/VDC requirements, and coordinates deliverables, as applicable.
· Supports the implementation of jobsite security, quality control, and safety programs for each project in support of the Superintendent and the Safety and QC departments.
· Using lean strategies, helps evaluate construction means and methods for cost effectiveness.
· Under the guidance of the Project Manager, participates in the creation and maintenance of a positive team spirit among the members of the Project Management Team.
· Performs project duties with an appropriate sense of urgency and a “Can-Do attitude.”
· Schedules, attends and takes minutes for Project Meetings
· Participates in project meetings and assists with action items assigned
· Attends monthly general project management meetings in the main office
Manages and/or assists with Project Closeout
· Distribution and tracking of “Punch lists”
· Expediting and assembly of project closeout documentation (warranties, operating & maintenance manuals, material for maintenance stock, etc.)
· Expediting lien releases from subcontractors and suppliers in cooperation with the Accounting Department
Project administration responsibilities
From time to time Project Engineers may be assigned any or all of the following responsibilities on specific projects to which they are assigned.
· Typing, mailing, faxing, copying of project correspondence and documents
· Submittal copying, assembly, mailing and filing
· General project filing
· Although Project Engineers may, on occasion, be assigned specific responsibilities related to bidding work, estimating is not one of the primary tasks of the Project Engineer.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
· Time Management
· Decision Making and Problem Solving
· Works well under pressure
· High level of energy
· Undergraduate degree in Construction Management
Strong skills in the following Software:
· Microsoft Word/Excel/Project
· Project Management Software – Viewpoint preferred
· Primavera Scheduling Software
· Revit or Navisworks
Local candidates please.