Very long term contract, C2C OK H1B OK GCH OK USC OK
Will be responsible for a lead role in the design, testing and maintenance of internal and external web-based applications. Primary areas of responsibility include customer self-service applications and web-based interfaces into our subscriber management system for use by customer care agents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Show enthusiasm and a sense of ownership for the system and its components that are vital to the success of the business.
- Model system behaviors using best practice methods for communicating architecture and design.
- Interpret business requirements and accurately reflect these requirements in the design.
- Ensure designs are consistent with the existing architecture and meet a high level of quality.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of assignments.
- Work closely with other areas of the company including business teams and other design/development teams.
- Contribute to the specification of unit, system, integration, stress and automated testing.
- Design to performance requirements in an effort to ensure that all applications are highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
- Anticipate and resolve technical problems and solve difficult challenges.
- Recommend and promote new technologies and best practices to enable us to better support our customers.
- Recommend tools and utilities for design, development, testing and management of web-based applications.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that code is compliant with design and coding standards.
- 7-10 years Java, J2EE, JSP development experience.
- 7-10 years Java/J2EE design experience
- 5+ years MVC Framework experience: Struts2, Spring MVC or similar
- Experience in SOAP based Web Services Design, Testing, and Implementation.
- Experience in using SOAPUI.
- Knowledge of WS-Security Types.
- XML, XSL, processing/parsing.
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools like Selenium
- Strong structured methodology experience
- Strong J2EE/OO Design patterns experience
- Use of Unified Modeling Language (UML) to conceive technical design
- Knowledge of web security standards and how to apply them
- Build processes and Ant/Maven.
- Experience with configuring and managing local Tomcat/JBOSS
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Source code control systems: Example - GIT.
- Experience with REST based web services
- Basic UNIX experience.
- Experience with rules engine like DROOLs
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Unified Modeling Languages
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.