To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4900 Wyalusing Avenue
Newark, Deleware, PA 19131
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Personal Care Assistant
Community Council Health Systems • Newark, Deleware, PA
Posted 1 month ago
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide individualized behavior health interventions, 1:1 and academic support services in a school setting. The PCA is supervised by the program manager. The goal is to implement sound clinical interventions (coaching and modeling) and support services to enable the student to be maintained and function appropriately in the least restrictive education setting.
ESSENTIAL & CORE FUNCTIONS
● Assist student with small group instruction and academic task completion. Assisting the student during transition. Support the instructional process for identified student. Accompany assigned student to various classes, lunch field trips, special events and assemblies. Assist with gross and fine motors needs (Orthopedic support and personal care, up to and including toileting). Provide the IEP team or other pertinent professionals with clinical data (e.g., behavioral observations) to support the behavior support plan, as well as engaging the student in age appropriate therapeutic activities (As determined by the assignment).
● Ensure safety of the students in all environments.
● As directed by the director to assist in the development and implementation of behavioral goals and other therapeutic interventions as specified in the Behavior Support Plan.
● Respond appropriately to cases that have emergency needs and respond all information immediately to the director to further promote stabilization.
● Use supervision/consultation effectively to improve the quality of therapeutic services.
● Maintain an ongoing dialogue regarding student’s progress toward behavior goals with the IEP team.
● Must be able to adhere to building-wide established norms and practices
● Ensure that all daily progress notes for services, or written documents clearly reflect behavior goals that are indicated in the IEP
● Assist with self-help training (student transfer, toileting, grooming, diapering, feeding etc)- if requested
● Work collaboratively with IEP team members and use supervision/conclusion effectively to improve the quality of therapeutic services.
● Accept direction from the teacher, principal or other building point of contact as pertains to methods to supports students (as assigned)
● Follow Community Council Education Services special incidents reporting procedures and provide the Behavioral Specialist Consultant with information on potential issues of safety and ethical/confidentiality dilemmas.
● Adhere to all of the Community Council Education Services personnel policies and the Community Council Education Services Code of Conduct.
● Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
● High School Graduate (or equivalent) with one of the following:
● An associate degree or higher with a GPA of 2.0 or higher from an accredited institution, OR
● Sixty college credits from an accredited institution, OR
● A score of 459 or higher on the ParaPro Test
● Has strong communication skills including writing and speaking in English; •
● Has knowledge of software applications including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint preferred;
● Certified in Safety Techniques
● Certified CPR and First Aid training;
● Minimum of two years’ experience in working with children and adolescents (with disabilities preferred).
● Appropriate state required background checks (Criminal background check, Child Protection Registry clearance)
● Documentation of PPD test (within five years)