To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Innovative Systems Group • Nashville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Responsible for development/deployment of new systems.
- This position will work with other team members responsible for Configuration/development of Oracle and Vertex Tax software and unit testing of tax rules for US deployment.
- Will work closely with other teams (IS Technical, Business, Reporting) and Corporate Tax.
- Also interact with Vertex consultants for issues that require their assistance.
- This resource will be trained to become the primary source for Vertex maintenance and upkeep
- Respond to issues reported by users by verifying, analyzing, and resolving the issue.
- Test current or future system functionality.
- Based on the stage of the project, this role could be involved in the developing system functionality and tax rules, reconciling legacy system to new or testing development either through individual unit testing or organized group test events.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
A 4-year college or university degree in Accounting required. Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in federal, state or international sales tax fields required.
- Knowledge of US Sales Tax rules/calculation required.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS applications and other data analytic tools (Query Reporter, SQL, etc..) preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 and Vertex O Series.
- Ability to perform Vertex build activities including configuration of Vertex and the development of the required interface specifications to Oracle R12 highly preferred.
- Previous complex project and tax system deployment experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex tax analysis and account analysis and effectively communicate the results to manager, staff or outside auditors.
- Demonstrated ability to use software packages associated with accounting, i.e. tax systems, spreadsheets, graphics, and word processing.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to reconcile accounts and resolve any resulting issues.
- Thorough knowledge of and the proven ability to interpret various tax laws and recommend adjustments when changes occur.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously Superior written and verbal communications skills.