Scheduling an Interview:
If you have interest in this role, please click our scheduling link for a faster response:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mail Sorter
Get to Know Our Client:
Our client is a multinational package delivery and supply chain management company. They are looking for a Mail Sorter to join the team.
In this role, you will manually process mail and operate mail sorting machines. You will also sort bulk mail geographically and by postage type, creating batches that move on to the next destination in the sorting and delivery process.
- Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed in the appropriate mail trays by verifying the zip codes on the mail match the mail trays properly.
- Checks for presorting endorsement on the mail.
- Ensures that finished mail is organized neatly and placed right side up facing forward.
- Communicates errors found in the mail to operator or supervisor to prevent re-work of mail.
- Keeps postage metered rejects separated by postage rate.
- Keeps mail separated by specific jobs.
- Removes mail piece jams from the machine by pulling mail backward and upward to avoid damaging mail.
- Ensures that jammed mail is forwarded to the assigned bin to be properly sorted under proper client number to avoid double counts on the machine.
- Forwards empty & unsealed envelopes to the correction department.
- Recognizes bad barcodes and notifies the operator.
- Ensures all mail is cleared from all sort bins on the machine and racks for mailing.
- Prepares outgoing mail for sleeving by placing full mail trays into tray sleeve.
- Keeps mail bins stocked by replacing mail trays and tag holders when they are low.
- You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on the ability to be organized.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong comprehension with following verbal & written instructions.
- You are able to lift 7 to 35 pounds and to walk, stand, stoop and bend 80% of the time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Shift Hours: Sunday to Friday, 8:00 PM to 5:30 AM