Purchasing / Supply Chain Specialist
Wage: $60,000 - $67,000 / year
A growing manufacturer in Manchester, IA is seeking a Purchasing, Sourcing / Supply Chain Specialist. The best fit candidate will support the purchasing leadership of the company, specifically in the areas of tactical and strategic procurement, transportation, procurement planning, customer services, supplier development and inventory management.
What You Get To Do:
● Purchase parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
● Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
● Determine the most cost efficient and reliable materials needed for the manufacturing process.
● Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Maintains and builds supplier relationships and robust communication process.
● Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
● Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers. Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
● Ensures for on-time and in-full deliveries through coordination with Production Planning, Forecasting, Transportation, Customer Service and Sales groups in order to meet customer needs and established service goals.
● Provide analytical support by monitoring metrics for the customer, management and team, while also creating Ad Hoc analysis as needed.
● Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria. May complete supplier certification as part of a technical and/or quality team.
● Works with suppliers to develop and manage continuous improvement programs, addressing quality, delivery, service as well as price. Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency.