Second Shift Dye Weigher
Benefits Available: Medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K
This position is a direct hire, permanent position.
Under the direction of plant management, this position performs all aspects of preparing dye formulations according to formula instructions, in order to assist with the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Make dye paste with provided formulas.
· Accurately label and fill up bottles for production formulas.
· Mix dyes for new set-up and production machines as needed.
· Confirm canisters are filled on production machines before end of shift.
· Maintain dye and chemical inventory levels. Notify department manager when inventory needs to be ordered.
· Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area.
· Observe all safety and quality procedures while completing required duties.
URL blocked - click to apply· Clean machine(s) as needed by using either compressed air to blow down or brushes to wipe down.
· Perform all other tasks as assigned by management. If necessary, employees may be asked to assist other employees and/or temporarily fill-in or act as a back-up for a position that is different from the employee’s usual position, provided he/she is able to perform the physical demands required by the alternate position. Due to the nature of the production flow through the plant, employees may be cross-trained in other departments so that they will be able to work a full-time schedule during low production demands in their home departments.
URL blocked - click to apply· The URL blocked - click to applyemployee will regularly be required, often for extended periods of time, to stand, sit, walk in a manufacturing setting, talk and/or hear, and taste and/or smell.
· The employee will regularly be required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· The employee will frequently be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted or greater than 50 pounds with assistance. URL blocked - click to applyIt is the employee’s responsibility to ask the supervisor or a co-worker for assistance when necessary.
· The employee will frequently be required to push or pull pallet jacks, racks of yarn, batching dollies, autoclave dollies, hand truck, etc. It is the employee’s responsibility to ask the supervisor or a co-worker for assistance when necessary.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to focus.