*****THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN KENTUCKY, ONE HOUR NORTH OF NASHVILLE TN. ******
We are working with a recently expanded manufacturing plant in Kentucky who has just expanded their operation by over 130K square feet and added an enormous amount of automation to the plant and is therefore hiring 3 new Controls Engineers to provide coverage for the new automated machinery. Our client is willing to relocate qualified candidates from anywhere in the country who are able to commit to a full time (not contract) position.
These newly created roles are multi-purposed with the intent to do extensive project and commissioning work on new machinery by helping to commission new production lines, maintain existing production lines by minimizing downtime as much as possible and to perform continuous improvement initiatives to realize more efficient ways for the lines and robotics to operate.
There are still active projects and installations taking place right now so capital project experience is a plus and of course maintaining automation and fixing PLCs is a core function of these roles. Primary PLCs used at our client's facility are: Siemens, Allen-Bradley and Beckhoff.
Our client does require Engineering staff to have a 4 year degree but exceptions can be made for candidates with an Associates degree or a partially completed 4 year degree assuming you would be willing to finish obtaining you BA. with company support.
There is some overtime associated with this role but it is the intent on the facility to mitigate overtime hours worked by rotating Engineers who are "on call". This way no same person is repeatedly called after hours and there is a fair work life balance for everybody.
Our client has invested a large amount of capital into this expansion bringing in new equipment and doing upgrades of existing lines and this is a very exciting role and company to work at right now. They are a leading local and global organization with a strong local reputation with a very recognizable brand in their industry. These roles have opportunity for internal growth to leadership roles and additional training that can be taken advantage of.
Must have extensive Controls/ Electrical Engineering experience programming PLCs and HMIs
Must have prior capital project experience
Must be able to work in cross functional teams i.e. Engineering, Production, EH&S and Maintenance
Must be able to work well with a group or independently
Must have a 4 year post secondary education or Associates degree and willingness to complete BA.
Must be a demonstrated programmer of various PLC softwares
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder- sponsorship is not available with these roles
- Developing electrical systems and controls
- Create control system electrical schematics
- Maintain electrical and controls specifications
- Develop electrical schematics and controls drawings
- Write advanced electrical controls programs
- Establish systems process control requirements
- Verify adherence to controls engineering design
- Create control system and electrical schematics
- Overseeing various electrical and controls engineering functions
- Develop controls systems for industrial use utilizing knowledge in control engineering
- Develop electrical and controls system architecture
- Implement electrical controls and automation systems for a manufacturing facility
- Extracted from process control systems
- Aid in the controls system design
- Sell advanced access control systems
- Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles
- Write code developing motion control logic and machine control logic
- Managing control system projects and supporting existing plant control systems
- Perform as a plant engineering department electrical, instrumentation, and control engineer
- Develop and upgrade electrical controls for manufacturing equipment
- Human Machine Interfaces
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Programmable Logic Controllers