Northeast Region Operations
Homes for Independent Living is improving the way we manage our business as we continue to grow! This exciting position of SCHEDULER is a terrific opportunity to develop and improve the lives of our clients through coordination of direct support professional scheduling. We are hiring a Part-Time Scheduler in the Northeast Region. This Scheduler will work collaboratively with the Full-Time Northeast Region Scheduler. The anticipated work hours are 2pm-6pm, Monday-Friday (20 hrs/week). The Scheduler is responsible for adequately staffing all assigned program locations with qualified personnel, coordinating, communicating, and maintaining direct support professional work schedules, and completing a variety of administrative functions related to staffing hours, timekeeping, and budgets. Primary duties of the Scheduler include:
● Creates and maintains Direct Support Professional work schedules for assigned locations. Effectively schedules Direct Support Professionals in a manner that maximizes employee utilization and minimizes overtime.
● Works collaboratively with operations management and Recruiter to resolve schedule shortfalls as the result of call ins or emergency situations during assigned work hours.
● Accurately edits timecards and assists with timekeeping approval or related training and support as needed. Tracks Direct Support Professional attendance and assists with proper administration of Attendance Policy/Procedure.
● Assists with development, implementation, and maintenance of assigned Direct Support Professional scheduling system/process. Evaluates program schedules and makes recommendations to streamline schedules and create efficiencies. Recommends and implements approved strategies that will enhance scheduling.
● Accurately maintains Direct Support Professional contact information, availability, and program qualification requirements.
The Scheduler reports to the Client Services Manager.
Qualified individuals must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Post high school education is preferred. Two years of scheduling related work experience is required. Experience in the human services or healthcare field preferred. Demonstrated proficiency utilizing MS Excel is required. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office is required. Previous experience utilizing scheduling software is preferred.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to work under tight deadlines, exercise good judgment, sound decision making, and effectively solve problems. It also requires exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communications, organizational, creative thinking and negotiation skills, assertiveness, attention to detail, and follow through.
Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license and maintain insurance on personal vehicle. Driving record must align with company insurability guidelines. Must be willing to travel to different work locations, meetings, and training sessions.
Part Time Benefits:
● 401K Retirement Plan
● Employee Assistance Program
● Pet Insurance
● ORP Perk Spot Discounts
● Holiday Pay, if any hrs worked on company approved Holiday
● Employee stock ownership plan!
Homes for Independent Living is proud to be 100% employee owned and a leader in providing high quality care and support to adults with disabilities. We have more than 1,100 employees across Wisconsin committed to making a difference that lasts a lifetime for those we serve in 14 counties and in over 100 residential programs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: URL blocked - click to apply by June 17th, 2019 to be considered for this position!
EOE – Men, Women, Minorities, and Veterans encouraged to apply