To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cloud Ops Engineer
Relevance Lab Inc • San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The CloudOps Engineer should have experience working and administering VMware and Linux infrastructure and has lead and worked with large virtualization environments in production environments. S/he will be responsible for build, deployment, updates, patching and maintenance of the Linux and VMware and their underlying compute and storage infrastructure.
- Administers enterprise sized VMware based virtualization infrastructure vSphere version 5.5 and later
- Designs, plans, implements, and administers Linux, VMware, Cisco UCS and support underlying storage technologies
- Builds Redhat/CentOS Linux operating systems in an enterprise environment, manages updates and patching using Redhat Satellite
- Installs, configures and integrates servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
- Performs backups, troubleshooting and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
- Builds highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment
- Automates and standardizes building OS and servers using scripting or configuration management tools.
- Creates and maintains VM templates used for rapid deployment of virtual machines
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of hardware maintenance, upgrades, repairs, or replacements to servers supporting the virtualization infrastructure
- Ensures the security posture for the virtualization environment and VMs by monitoring system security, OS hardening, documents system configurations, and ensures compliance with industry best practices.
- Ensures appropriate uptime, storage and redundancy is maintained in the overall infrastructure.
- Configures and maintains role-based access management for VMware and Linux environment
- Maintains end-to-end VM lifecycle.
- Monitors and troubleshoots server, storage and network performance within the VMware environment
- Monitors servers uptime, services using tools like Nagios and Splunk
- Recent 5 years hands on experience as a VMware Administrator engineer
- Recent 3 years in Linux system administration experience
- Able to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Chef, Ansible, bash and python is a plus.
- Ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams for Automation.
- Well organized and possess outstanding follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment frequent software releases Experience / Education:
- 2+ year operating in a public/private cloud infrastructure for Ecommerce applications
- 2+ year Large VMware environments.
- 3+ year in Linux/Windows management and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in Chef (Other configuration management tools may count but preferable is Chef first)
- Experience in at least 1 high level language (Python, bash, ruby)
- Working Knowledge in Redhat Satellite (Packages/Update/Patch management)
- Knowledge on Nagios and Splunk applications is a must to have for troubleshooting