Carrier Corporation is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
As part of Carrier Digital transformation, we are looking for a dynamic individual to work in the Corporate Functions technology ecosystems within the Digital organization. The individual will lead the digital solution architecture for Carrier’s Corporate Supply Chain and Indirect Procurement systems, with a hands-on style in partnership with various functional teams and core functions such as Indirect Procurement system, Contract Lifecycle Management, and Supply Chain Systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in corporate business processes and platforms, with technical roles related to Indirect Procurement, Supply Chain, and Contract Lifecycle Management system implementations leveraging internal and external resources in a large multinational corporation or in other complex environments. This role will consult as a solution architect in an Agile team framework to enable our transformation journey.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a key member of the Digital Technology team participating in the Carrier Separation Program.
- Partner with various Corporate teams for a successful separation effort e.g. supporting TSA exit objectives, clone and cleanse environments, designing integrations with existing systems, partnering with Carrier Functional and Digital teams to ensure efficient transition and steady state operations.
- Perform as the Solution Architect for Legal, Communications, Quality, EH&S, Supply Chain, and Engineering technologies supporting digital transformation projects in order to meet or exceed customer requirements, ultimately ensuring success as defined by our business partners.
- Drive innovation within the Legal, Communications, Quality, EH&S, Supply Chain, and Engineering functions via business systems and process transformation, including shared services enablement, next generation Legal Matter, Video Streaming, Collaboration, Quality Management, Safety, Indirect Procurement, Supplier Management, and process simplification/optimization across the board.
- Partner with vendors and system providers to assess platform capabilities and find opportunities for cost savings, productivity, process streamlining, simplification and improved user experience (high availability, migration to cloud, real time transparency, etc.).
- Drive the design and assist in the documentation of business processes and solutions based on customer needs, data analysis, user stories, and stakeholder feedback
- Develop peer, cross-functional and intercompany relationships to leverage best practices, maximize solution quality, and drive user adoption.
- Support communication plans for timelines and change management activities related to enterprise application projects.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6-8 years of application development experience
- Experience architecting solutions in Contract Lifecycle Management Systems, Ariba, Supplier Insight or equivalent systems
- Experience with Legal, Communications, Quality, EH&S, Supply Chain, and Engineering and/or other Corporate system implementations and comfortable making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines.
- Deep understanding and technical aptitude for system design and business strategy, and ability to translate strategy into viable technology solutions.
- Action oriented and results driven with an ability to drive new and innovative solutions in alignment to the organizations / functions strategy.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners is essential, including senior executives.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills are essential with proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Must be knowledgeable in Agile, Waterfall, and DevOps methodologies
- Demonstrates leadership, collaboration, hands-on approach, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, matrixed company
- International experience is a plus.
- Master's degree is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.