To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
40 Simon Street
Nashua, NH 03060
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
GSSI • Nashua, NH
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the Operation team so that products are manufactured in accordance with approved drawings and performance specifications. This objective is accomplished with consideration to product quality, customer satisfaction, employee safety and profitability.
- Develop and deploy validated assembly fixtures and manufacturing processes; provide recommendations to co-workers regarding fabrication techniques, assembly steps, tooling, and materials; advise and solicit observations from Assemblers and Testers.
- Utilize lean manufacturing techniques to improve manufacturing efficiency; analyze and plan work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure consistency of product and process quality by defining test methods; validate finished-product and process capabilities; define and establish production standards.
- Review process trends by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; maintain product and process databases; compile data from field service and present corrective action plans; utilize statistical software (Excel, MiniTab, etc) to forecast trends and adjust accordingly
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; estimate future manufacturing requirements; deliver results in accordance with production schedules.
- Create break-even spreadsheets; recommend make-versus-buy decisions; understand materials and process costing.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with agency regulations.
- Work closely with other Manufacturing Engineers and Purchasing Manager on vendor support activities; conduct training of contract manufacturers; request, review, and confirm vendor corrective action.
- Maintain capital equipment accuracy by coordinating maintenance and repair services for GSSI’s environmental chamber, custom test equipment and manufacturing equipment.
- Participate with NPI by validating processes, writing test procedures, reviewing test equipment and training personnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Document and submit Engineering Change Requests and Orders.
- Supports Purchasing, Materials, and Field Service Managers; intervenes with Quality Control, Engineering and Sales staff as required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical combined with 7 to 10 years manufacturing experience.
- Proven success with a 50 to 100 employee manufacturing company.
- Positive attitude, team contributor, follows through on communications and achieving expected results.
- Self-starter willing to assume ownership of process and product problems throughout the production floor.
- Strong analytical skills and expertise to collect, organize, analyze, and summarize findings; develops conclusions and recommendations.
- Knowledgeable with financial and accounting principles.
- Lean Manufacturing - Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach. The employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, squat, climb, lift, and use fine motor skills. The employee must occasionally lift or carry a maximum of 60 lbs.