The primary purpose of this
position is to manage the operation of an individual store in particular
markets in an efficient manner while maximizing sales, margin and
profitability. Enforce company policies and procedures while ensuring
directives and all daily activities deliver against the expected operating
standards, merchandising programming and budgeted financial targets. This
position promotes and drives customer service. Successful performance of this
position requires the performance of managerial tasks with independent judgment
and discretion. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe
manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
In exercising his or her independent judgment and discretion, the
associate is responsible for performing the functions below, in addition to
other duties as assigned:
• Lead store associates
through the execution of company business plans/objectives to drive sales, be
profitable and provide a superior customer and associate experience.
• Attend to opening and closing the store and maintain proper
accountability for cash handling and company banking.
• Manage an individual store while meeting store retail budgeted sales,
margin, labor, expenses and overall P&L monthly results to ensure operating
EBITDA and income are achieved.
• Ensure via the use of Staffworks/Work Force Management that labor is
scheduled to meet customer service needs and complete operating activities and
ensure the same standards of operation are enforced in the pharmacy department.
• Interview, hire, train, direct, reward, and discipline associates;
appraise associate performance; and resolve complaints.
• Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating
career opportunities, provide regular performance feedback, and demonstrate
• Manage adherence to all regulatory and compliance legislation and
• Perform all job duties necessary to providing a clean, safe, and
pleasing environment to customers and associates by following company standards
for safety regulations and overall store appearance both inside and outside of
the store; maintain and follow rules in Clutter Free.
• Maintain merchandise standards according to the POMP manual, profit
planner, corporate plan-o-grams and on-going merchandise information.
• Participate in and supervise the preparation and accountability of
retail store physical inventory and develop action plans to achieve expected
• Manage store’s vendor relationships.
• Responsible for price accuracy of goods in the store.
This position directly supervises
store associates and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws.
duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core
values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL and
• In accordance with state law,
candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the
sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and
external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of
• Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work day or evening hours.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
• Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
• Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines.
• Completion of Store Management training programs.
• Completion of required HIPAA training and all other required regulatory
CERTIFICATE and LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Business, or
a minimum of four (4) years experience in retail, or one year management
experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience