The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all elements of the project to include direct design,
coordination, and assignment of appropriate work to mechanical designers and or interns to ensure
project completion and accuracy. In addition, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer must ensure collaboration
with other design disciplines to fulfill the objective of delivering first class architecture and engineering.
Ensures that projects are kept on task and on schedule to meet client requirements and needs. Further
understanding of business model, budget, and willingness to take ownership of assigned projects and
responsibilities and delivering results. This position reports to the Engineering Team Manager or the
Must provide critical leadership in the area of project execution and have thorough knowledge of company
procedures and standards.
- Provide detailed mechanical designs of facilities.
- Perform oversight and checks on facility drawings, modifications, and project timelines.
- Manage their teams in maintaining budget, schedule and adherence to the agreed scope of work.
- Initiate design/drafting package checks and reviews.
- Perform vendor data review of equipment and components along with Mechanical Designers.
- Be aware of possible business development opportunities for the firm.
- Legally perform work in multiple states.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelors’ and/or Masters’ degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year
- Ten to fifteen years’ relevant experience performing engineering-related duties.
- Healthcare facility design experience is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Revit MEP tool required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Familiar with environmental and engineering assessment methods.
- Must be LEED Certified.
This position requires an ability to work collaboratively within team environment, follow company policies and procedures, and take direction from supervisory staff. The position holder will have to be able to work independently and be self-motivated in completing assigned tasks. They must also have strong multi-tasking skills, be capable of performing well under pressure, and possess excellent communication skills.
A creative, detail-driven, team player, assist their team to achieve high-quality design, deliver projects on
schedule and on budget, while being attentive to innovative opportunities for process, plan, or project
None, however, may supervise mechanical designers as needed.